Beneath The Storm's Wrath

I lifted my suitcase out of my room, and locked the door behind me. I could hear a thunder storm outside, and I saw the light from the lightning through the windows. A thunderstorm was exactly what I didn't need.

Carrying my suitcase, I slowly walked down the halls until I got to the stairs. With one hand on the suitcase and one hand on the railing, I slowly walked down the five flights. My body was aching as I neared the bottom.

At the bottom, a huge strike of thunder and lightning struck, almost simultaneously, illuminating the entire room and telling me the storm was right above us. It was tiring having to carry my suit case, and my body was aching in pain, all the movement pulling at my cuts and I had to use my toe or else I would have fallen.

Each strike of thunder seemed to strike deep into my body, sending shivers over my entire body. I was anxious and wished I could just get over with my escape. However, that one strike of thunder and lightning stopped me momentarily, sending fear throughout my body, and my legs started to tremble.

At night, not only was the bad feeling the mansion gave me present, but it intensified it. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing like statues. I tried really hard not to be scared, but it was too hard. I couldn't help but wonder how Lance was doing. He was my safety net after all. I was scared for him too. Heck, I was scared for everyone.

Fear was pulsing through me, infecting every thought in my mind. It was like a plague, rushing to fill every part of my body it could, as fast as it could. I couldn't stop thinking of all the bad things that could happen, only making me more scared, and made me loss focus slightly, slowing me down. The only upside, was along with the fear came adrenaline, and that eventually made the pain of the whip barely noticeable.

I looked around, and I thought I saw a black mass in the back of the room, just allowing me to become more scared. It moved in quick blurry bursts, moving from one spot to another, then I realized.

It was a person. Its black gown hung to the floor, it's back arched. I gasped as Grandmama's eyes glowed threw the darkness. I turned and ran to the door. I fumbled to grab the key but as I tried to insert it in the lock, it fell to the floor.

I scrambled to pick it up and quickly unlocked the door. I grabbed my suitcase and ran out, letting it drag behind me. The rain pouring, I ran around the fountain. I looked back and saw her standing in the doorway. Running, I watched her lift up her arm like she did when I flew into the wall the day I tried to kill her.

I kept running. The adrenaline was wearing off, and as I ran all the whipping wounds seemed to tear open, causing searing pain and a flood of blood, quickly soaking through my clothes and dripping on the ground. I tried to ignore it as much as I could, using fear as motivation.

Aside from the rain, things started to become blurry and then returned to normal. I tried to focus as best I could, but along with the blurriness came dizziness that didn't fade in and out. It was always present, and when accompanied by blurriness, made it almost impossible to know where I was going. I just kept running, the pain slowly inching at becoming unbearable.

I was almost to the road when it felt like something was holding me back, but I didn't feel any particular hands. I used everything I could to push forward, but I couldn't budge. The moment I touched it, I felt an evil, ominous sense. It felt so wrong, as if I was in the presence of evil. Little did I know that I was?

Then, instantly, I was flying back through the air. As I got closer to the mansion, the feeling became strong. I flew above the fountain, the angels surprisingly sharp reaching up finger slashing my left calf and landed inside the mansion. The door closed by itself as soon as I flew through them. I hit the floor and slid back into a door at the far end of the room. Finally the sense came at full force as I entered the lair of the evil.