Moments of Death

Finally, for once and for all, I knew Alexandre was evil. He never loved me. He was manipulative, and only wanted my body for himself. And now he was in my arms, ready to die. There was no chance I'd let him live for what he's done. If I can defeat that demon, I can stop Alexandre in his human form.

Before I showed him any indication that I had discovered him, I grabbed his neck, squeezing as tightly as I could, and knocked him back. His skin began to turn blue and he appeared to be on the verge of death, but then he transformed back into his muscular form, sending out a bright shockwave that shot me off of him.

For some reason I felt weaker. Like I couldn't access all my strength. The only explanation I could think of was that I used too much energy against the demon, but I had to be at full strength to defeat Alexandre. I just couldn't let him win.

Jumping to my toes, I transformed as well, and ran towards him, shooting my tail straight for his heart. He grabbed my tail and used it to throw me across the room and into the wall. The impact seemed to hurt more than it should have, and I could feel the wetness of blood on my back. He rushed towards me as I got back up and quickly dodged his charge, allowing him to crash into the wall. Again, I was slower, and I just barely missed him. I slipped behind him and stabbed my tail into his back. Blood splattered from the wound, and I continued to push my tail deeper into his chest. He reached his hand around and pulled my tail out, then putting his hand over the wound. The blood stopped gushing out, and when he removed his hand the wound was healed. Then he turned around, not attacking, or anything, just staring at me intently. I waited for him to move, not wanting to attack when he was watching so closely.

"This could have gone much easier for you," he said.

"So that I could end up dead?"

"Your body would have been put to use and you would have lived through my eyes. Now that you're a threat, however, I have to kill you," he said, dead serious.

"Having to live through your eyes would be worse than death."

"Have it your way. You're weaker than normal, and you know it. You can't possibly think you can still beat me?"

"I'm not weaker, I'm conserving my strength for when I really attack," I lied through my teeth. I couldn't show him weakness, even if what he said was true.

"Whatever. I get your body anyway, and continue to live eternally."

"You're not going to live forever, because I'm going to kill you. You're a monster. You may be beautiful on the outside, but inside, you're a filthy freak, uglier than any demon there is. But most importantly, your heart is filled with evil. I can't imagine what happened to you to make you such a terrible being." It felt so good to finally say it out loud, as if once and for all deciding that he was evil.

He laughed a little, before replying, "Did you read that from a fairy tale? Well, unfortunately for you, this isn't a fairy tale, and you won't be getting your happy ending."

Seizing his relaxation, I tried to jump at him, but I found my body stuck in the same position, and I could only move my head. IT was as if my body had been frozen in a block of ice. I could push against whatever force held my body still, but I couldn't break it. He began to laugh madly, knowing I couldn't move.

"I told you that you won't be getting your happy ending. You can't move, so all I have to do is kill you." He continued to laugh, as he walked up and gripped onto my neck, his nails digging into my skin, and he began to tighten his grip, until I couldn't breathe.

It can't be over, I can't let him win. I have to stop him. I have to survive. But I'm so scared. I don't have much air left. I have to stop him. I needed my strength just one more time. I've done what they said. I saw the truth in the eyes, but what next? Can it really end like this?