Chapter Seventeen

Towards the end of the book is a series of letters sent between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Though it contains nothing of interest - largely just plans to kill a lot of Muggles - as I reach a letter by Dumbledore, I am intrigued by his signature.

Suddenly I hear a roar of flames from within the tent followed by a loud "Reducio!" from Harry.

"What’s going on in there?" I say, standing up and heading inside.

"Nothing," Ron and Harry reply, a little too quickly.

"We need to talk," I say, pushing aside the tent flaps and coming inside.

"What about?" Hermione asks, emerging from the back of the tent.

"I want to go and see Xenophilius Lovegood," I say, remembering the conversation from before where Harry recalled him wearing the amulet with the triangualr eye.

"Sorry?" Harry says and I hand him the book.

"See this? It’s a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald. Look at the signature. It’s the mark again." Dumbledore has replaced the 'A' in Albus with the triangular eye. We need to find out more about what that mark means. "It keeps cropping up.  Here. In Beedle the Bard. In the graveyard in Godric’s Hollow - what?"

Harry stares hard at the book, looking as though he's in pain.

"Jesus," he says, blinking. "It was there too."

"Where?" Hermione asks.

"Outside Gregorovitch’s wand shop.  on the alley wall..."

"But what does it mean?" Ron asks and I look down at the symbol.

"Harry, you don’t have a clue where the next Horcrux is," I say. "And neither do I. But this, this means something. I’m sure of it."

"I think Sophie's right," Ron says and I look at him in suprise. "I think we ought to go and see Lovegood. What say we vote on it? Those in favor..." Ron and I raise our hand and Hermione follows hesitantly behind us. "Sorry, Harry.  Looks like it’s us this time."