Chapter Tweny two

Jess POV

I open the door to see my dad about to pound on the door.

"Hey dad" I smile at him.

"Jess."

"Mac has requested a meeting."

He nods as if he expected this.

"Tomorrow morning."

He then walks into the house past both of us and proceeds to his office.

"Ok I guess I should be going home then." I hear Mac say.

My mom steps in front of her.

"No not at all honey you all should sleep the night tonight it's getting late, we'll set up the guest rooms."

She call two of the maids to follow her and walks to the stairs. She call back for Mac not to forget to call her parents.

I hear her give a weary sigh and goes outside to where Jared and Meg are standing there. I can see her looking more and more broken as the conversation continues. I wanted to interrupted but it wasn't for me to get involved. I look up and see it's getting dark, I then glance towards the car and see the twins have fallen asleep in their car seats.

"Come on now, let me help you with the twins and ill show you your rooms." I shout over to them and walk towards the car.

I show Meg and Jared their room first then me lead Mac to a room three doors down from mine and we settle the twins into the beds, then take Mac next door.

"I though you would like to be close to them just incase they wake up you know new surroundings and all." I say nervously.

Mac smiles at me and brushes my cheek.

"Thank you, I don't know what going to happen and even though this is your fault, I can't seem to be mad at you." She says.

Then she leans forward and brushes her lips over mine. I'm staring at her in stunned silence and she gives me the most breathtaking smile.

"Goodnight." she says softly.

"Goodnight." I replied.

Mac POV

As soon as Jess left I collapsed onto the bed staring at the ceiling trying to wrap my head around everything and the fact the I could be dead in three days, tears started rolling down my face but I brushed them away quickly I had to stay strong for the kids, I had to make sure they were safe if I died, what if they wouldn't let them stay then what we didn't have any other family to take them, I spend the whole night focused on what I could do.

I was still staring at the ceiling when I heard the twins begin to wake I jumped out of bed and went to them not wanting them to wake up the whole house.

"Morning." I spin with the twins in my arms to see Jess standing there.

"How did you sleep she asked." she asked

"Good, good" I replied a bit to quickly.

She gave me a sad smile.

"Come on let get breakfast, dads set up the meeting for an hour from now." I nod and follow her to the kitchen to eat.

"Mac the meetings about to start lets go." Jess says.

I glance up at her a bit puzzled but I shrug and follow her.

She lead me into a room I've never been into before there was just a long table in the middle facing the door.

I see Jess mother and father sitting in the middle table on chairs that are slightly raised. Jess walks away and sits at a chair next to her father.

"We are all here today because Mac this young lady requested it tells us why." Jess father demands.

I become nervous and start shifting on my feet and fiddling with my fingers.

I clear my throat.

"I'm here because of my siblings, I'm due to turn in two days and if I turn or even if I die they don't have any where else to go."

"What about your parents Mac." Jess' mother asks softly.

"They died a few years ago now. So you see I was hoping the they could stay here no matter the outcome of my turning."

I saw Jess' father glance and her and scowl.

"Why should we." He said abruptly

"Why should we let them stay?" he continues.

I frown at him a pissed that he hasn't figured it out yet.

"Erm I don't know maybe because if you don't they won't have anywhere else to go, maybe just from the kindness of your own heart, or maybe just maybe because you fucked up and now I'm about to turn into one if you in two days and it's your damn fault."

He raises from his chair but I'm to angry to care.

"Watch who your talking to pup."

"Why what the fuck are you going to do kill me faster? Are you going to take in my brothers and sisters or not because I haven't got all day to waste listening to you spout shit." I yelled at him

He looked like he wanted to leap owe the table and kill me I saw Jess' mom grab his arm to restrain him.

She rose to stand next to him.

"Mac we are going to have to discuss this, I know you don't have a lot of time so we'll let you know as soon as possible." she said slightly smiling at me.

I nod my head and walk out the door.

Jess POV

I was holding my breath watching Mac bait my father. I knew there was nothing I could do and I hated it, I then watched as she walked out of the door and glanced towards my parents my mom nodded for me to go after her and I jumped up and went after her.

I found her pacing in the back garden.

"Mac what happened in there you were suppose to persuade them."

"I know ok I know I just got angry, I'm sorry." she said.

I saw her about to fall apart so I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

"It's ok babe it's ok." I said soothingly.

"I just screwed up there once chance I am such a fuck up how could I do that I can't believe I did that." I tried to her her to calm down but the more I tried the more worked up she would get. I bent down and wrapped one of my arms around her legs and carried her to my room and settled her on the bed. she cried herself to sleep soon after.