twenty five: letting you go

ALLISON'S POV

I know I looked like shit. And I feel like shit.

I know I'm stupid for being too affected. Hell, we've been together for just seven months. And I know the guy has a thing for the girl  - I know that ever since I stepped into this apartment nine months ago and yet, here I am, crying because I found out my boyfriend is hanging out with his 'almost girlfriend' friend.

Fuck this.

I know he's staring at me but I don't give two shits 'bout that. I'm not letting him see me broken. Never again. It happened once, I won't let it happen again.

"Allie," he breathed.

I didn't reply nor made a move.

"Babe," he said almost pleadingly.

Something in ny heart tugged at his voice. It sounded like he's hurting - he sounded so vulnerable. And I can't take it.

So, with all the courage I have, I look up and met a pair of green sorry eyes.

He sighed as his eyes met my brown ones. "I - look, it's not what you think it is, okay? I met up with her for closure. And as a friend. God, I would never hurt you like that. I know how much it hurts - "

That hit a nerve.

"Do you, really? Huh, Dante?"

"Yes, Lee, I do know how much it hurts. And I would never wish it upon anyone."

"Yeah? Maybe, you should consider what your girlfriend will feel, right? Because, hell, I know you'd feel hurt if you saw me and Harry together without you knowing we'd meet up."

I was mad. So fucking mad that I said Harry's name without meaning to. It was bad analogy but he got it. If the slacking of his shoulders were any indication.

"I'd never cheat on you, Lee. You know that."

I sighed.

"I know you won't, Dan but that doesn't change the fact that what you did is almost like cheating."

please vote , comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so