nine: m.i.a.

Morning classes had pass and lunch came strolling in, there's still no sign of Kyle. Not that we're together now. We just share a table together during lunch along with Ian, Bree and Sydney and Cheska.

Dismissing the thought, I went straight to my locker and dumped my textbooks in, grabbing the last subject books I need.

"Hey Dan," Bree greeted, leaning against the locker in my left. "Have you seen Ky? We don't share morning classes."

"Nah, we don't too but I haven't seen her around in between classes also," I shrug. "Ask Syd, she might have an idea where she is."

"I don't think so. We share English every morning and she asked the same thing," she said as we entered the cafeteria.

"Must be half day," I suggest.

"Who's going half day?" Ian butted in as we joined the table.

"Ky's not here. We're thinking she's going to go half day," I explained.

As if on cue, my phone beeped with a text from Ky herself, saying:

hey, u guys r probably wondering why i am m.i.a. i'm not going to school, fyi for some reasons. . . :)
Received 12:38 pm

"Guys," I said, gaining all their attention. "Ky texted. Said she's not going to school."

Ian's brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Didn't say," I shrugged.

As the group conversed about some possible possibilities regarding why Ky is absent, I grabbed the phone off of the table and punched in a text.

oh. may i know why?
Sent 12:43 pm

wasn't feeling that ok.
Received 12:44 pm

'that ok'? what was that supposed to mean?
Sent 12:45 pm

don't wanna talk 'bout it, dan. please, drop it.
Received 12:47 pm

sorry. u sure everything's ok?
Sent 12:48 pm

yeah. everything is. bye gotta go.
Received 12:49 pm

yeah. bye.
Sent 12:49 pm

With a sigh, I locked my phone and bore my attention back to their conversation.

" - maybe, she and Kurt just - " Cheska  stopped short, eyes as wide as Sydney as if she just said something she shouldn't.

"Who's Kurt?" I asked, my attention zeroed on the topic.

vote, comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so