sixteen: move on

NINE MONTHS LATER . . .

Everything happened so fast. I didn't even know how we went from talking to kissing. But all I know is that I'm kissing this beautiful girl who happens to be my roommate.

I deepen the kiss, both of us not wanting to let go even though we're both out of breath. After forever, we both pulled apart. And for the first time in eons, I kissed a girl without thinking about her.

After two and a half years, I could finally say that I have moved on. I could finally say that I had started fresh in college - well, in sophomore year. I could finally say that I could go on with my life. Without her.

And with my love life.

Allison.

She's this girl who I used to be pissed at but is now sitting with me on my bed. And I could say that she's the best thing that's happened to me ever since I started college.

Then there's this boy and a girl who both happens to be my friends and who happens to be a couple, too, is telling me that this freshman I had just made out with is the one for me.

I smiled at the girl in front of me with a smile playing on my lips. Strands of her bleached hair all over her face, lipstick smudged, blush creeping across her cheeks.

She's beautiful. And I like her. And I -

The sudden jerk at the door caught our attention. And as soon as it opened, I could totally swear I saw a flicker of hurt flash through her eyes.

And I felt sorry for that.

And for Allison.

please vote , comment, follow and share if you feel the need to do so