Chapter - 17

I'm so sorry for the longwait.

PLEASE DO READ THE MESSAGE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER.

NOT EDITED.

Enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________

For the first time since Jake met Ryker, Jake has seen Ryker's anger at its max.

Jake could feel the anger coming off of Ryker strong. So strong that Jake felt that of anyone or anything came in contact with Ryker, will be annihilated.

And the dead silence in the room didn't help in controlling the Ryker's anger. Ryker have off such a dangerous aura, that everyone in the room feared him.

Everyone except Jake, who sat comfortably on his mate's lap. He felt the Ryker's rage and saw the red eyes glaring at nothing particular. Yet Jake felt a sense of calm and love in his mate's hold.

Jake hugged Ryker and whispered soothing words to calm him down, even though Jake himself was pretty angered at the information his parents just gave him.

Ryker calmed down when he felt Jake his arms. And the sparks running through his body at the touch of his mate confirmed him the safety of his mate. His alive mate.

Ryker wanted to rip off the council. He wanted to let his wolf out and run to the direction of the council and make then pay for what they did to his other mate.

And he vowed to avenge his other mate.

But, for now he has to assure Jake that he's there for him and will always protect him.

Jake smiled a little when Ryker hugged him back and placed a kiss on his forehead.

They both looked at Kara and Nick, who smiling at their son and his mate. Happy for both of them.

Chris broke the silence and said," A few years back when we - Jake, John and me, were in high-school, John was killed then. Jake told me that."

Kara and Nick genuinely looked confused. So, Jake told him what he told Ryker about John's and his and Chris' past.

Kara and Nick whispered out in shock," Oh My God!"

Jake asked," What?!"

Kara sighed and said," I'll tell you exactly what we know and then, maybe you'll understand."

Everyone in the room listened to her intently.

Kara continued," I'm sure you already know how we got separated from each other, Jake."

Jake nodded.

" So, when John was twelve years old, he found out about you Jake. And at the age of thirteen years old, he ran away from home. He told us that his wolf wanted him somewhere. So, yeah we let him go. We didn't know where he was.

He always talked to us through the phone and emails. He always told us that he found something really precious. We didn't know what that was.

But, now we know it was you, Jake. Twins have a very strong connection and John's wolf might have felt your connection, that's why he left. You're the precious thing be found."

Kara started sobbing, happily at the realisation of what his other son meant.

Jake really was precious.

Nick rubbed her back to help her calm down.

Nick said," So, it went on like that for a year and then, it all stopped. He stopped contacting us. We tried to contact him, but, he wouldn't reply.