Chapter 9 - The Doubtful Transfer of Powers

I woke up with a smile in my face. Just dreamed about flying puking unicorns and nyan-cat with nutella. My head was resting next to Susan who was still unconsious. I wanted to know who did this to her so I can hit him or her. I looked around the room and all I saw was hospital beds and Mr. Villana reading a book.

"You're up. That's great. I could go now." He said as I caught his eye.

"You have to tell me something... What did you tell Mum?" I remembered the time when Mom nodded at him. Mom won't tell me but I'll make him.

"Personal business, now do you mind. I'll have a cup of cofee. What do you want hot cappucino, cocoa-"

"Tell me, please." I begged him.

"Oh! How about caramel hot chocolate. It's delicious they say."

"Please listen to me! Even for one second!" I shouted at him making his book hit the ground.

"It is serious business Michelle! I have helped you so many times and this is how you repay me?"

"Why are you helping me anyway. I don't know you at all." I said. He stopped right before the door and faced me.

"I made it on purpose." He looked down to the floor.

"What could you possibly mean?"

"I set it up. Get it? Get it? I made Fortune kidnap your family and then made your mother install a tracking device to him so we can know where he is right now. Finish this craziness and get back to our lives." He went away.

I sat down next to my sister. I can't blame him. He is the one protecting me. It's his job to risk all what's to risk for me. It's my fault. All mine. I could have just killed myslef in the first place. We cannot go back to our normal lives when this is done, or will it ever end ? My life is destroyed. Our life is destroyed. The life I once had was okay. I should've not wished for a miracle.

"Mr. Villana is looking for you Mich." Carly slowly opened the door and spoke in a soft voice. Even her. Even my best friend got hooked in this riot. Her family too.

"I'll be there in a jiffy." I tried to make her smile which literally succeeded. I gave my sister a kiss in the forehead and followed Carly to the hallway.

We entered the last room to the left. It was dark in there. All you can see was a speck of light. Coming from a dark screen in which Mr. Villana is looking at it. He turned the lights on and I saw a map of our city. There was a red dot moving from place to place. I am very much that it is Fortune. Mr. Villana told me himself that he installed a tracking device to him.

"We need to talk." Mr. Villana stood up and went towards the door. I followed him leaving Carly there.

"What is it?" I said as he stopped walking and faced me.

"I was just wondering about something. I was wondering about. Transferring your powers. If those strange ability of yours came from a meteor. Then maybe we could go back to it. Reverse it. So we are going to find those pieces of meteor, put it back together and BAM your back to normal." He said. His voice was getting louder after every word.

"How do you that? Are you going to crash the meteor to my head again?" I asked.

"No. We are going to ask for help."

"And besides it will be hard to get those pieces of meteor from Fortune. He's got a hold of everything."

"He's got a hold of everything except his secrets." He got his phone and dialed a certain number.

"Why hello my dearest brother."

Why did you called me? Oh I know. You are giving up right? Hand over the girl.