Chapter 2 - The Impossible ✔

Thank you very much to ClariiY for the beautiful banner she made me :)

-----

The moon won't say anything to me. It's no use talking to it. I know it's just a waste of time but at least I can tell my feelings. I went downstairs to eat. They were all rounded up the table and digging in the food I brought.

"You know what Michelle? Our lunch was far more delicious that this," Sally boasted.

"Susan brought us Fried Chicken and Hotdogs," Nathan said still holding the candle in his hand regardless of the drops of hot wax on his hand.

I looked at Susan and she frowned at me. I guess it's from Brad. I went to the table and grabbed a small piece of steak and threw it up to my mouth and headed upstairs.

"Get some good ol' sleep Michelle. Today is the last day we are going to feel cold and hungry. Because tomorrow..." Mom said.

"... the meteor?" I said and headed to our room.

We had a project and it is to be done by pairs. And guess who is is my partner. Yeah, you're right, it's Carly. She gave me all the materials and I am the one who has to do it. I finished that stupid Science project and finally went to bed before my sisters and brothers could even come in.

I woke up without any noises today. Everyone was asleep. I looked outside the window just to see the sunrise but what I saw was the Lee family all packed up and heading towards the high way. I went down and approached them. 

"Oh look what we have here?" Jojo said with that boastful voice.

"Where are you going?" I asked ignoring him and facing Mrs. Lee.

"Hmp. Do you expect us to tell you? You are a part of the family  who betrayed my loving son." Mrs. Lee said hugging his son.

"There is nothing wrong with telling me. I'm just curious. You will lose nothing." 

"Well, we are going to evacuate. The Meteor is heading here, silly. Who would want to die." Mr. Lee happily said.

I smiled and went back to our house and saw Susan peeking through the window.

"You should talk to him, if he loves you he will forgive you," I said to her.

She took a deep breathe and went outside. Jojo was the first to see her since Mr. and Mrs. Lee are arguing. 

"Jojo, we need to talk." 

"It's no use, Susan, it won't change anything."

Jojo grabbed his bags and pulled his Mom and Dad. Susan tried to catch up with him but tripped and fell to her knees crying. I went to her and tried to comfort her. Jojo is the only person she loves and I know that Jojo still loves her. He just needs some time to think it over. We both stood up. I guided her towards the door and I went to the river with my clothes and decided to take a bath.

When I was finished I headed straight to the highway and gladly, the bus was there. Coco, another geek in school, kept talking about the meteor that was coming to our town. But the other kids were not afraid for it is only the size of a car. I sat beside Eddie but when the bus stopped in front of Owen's house. Owen sat between me and Eddie.

"I thought you had your own car," I told Owen. Owen McDuffie is one of the most popular guy in school. Beacause eveyone claims he is rich, strong and handsome. Yet for me, he has the most stupid personality ever.

"Cause You are Here, So I should be Here. I would do anything to have you Near," Owen shouted causing everyone to hear and say "Ayieeeee"

" Corny " Eddie said.

Everyone laughed and that's including me.

We reached the school. Owen ran as fast as he can to get out of the bus. And when I was supposed to go down. Owen reached his hand out to me. I ignored it and instead took Eddie's arm instead.

"What's the problem with Owen? Is he smoking something?," I whispered to him as we walked.

"Haven't you heard about the rumour. Owen likes you." 

"Oh, shut up!" I let go of his arm. Why would someone like him have a crush on me. Maybe it's another prank he wants to play on me. I headed towards the room and there I saw Carly standing near the door. 

"Oh my God, Mich ! Everyone's project is soooo beautiful and interesting," she grabbed my arm and jumped up and down.

"Calm down Carly." I took out our project and handed it too Carly.

"Perfect." She smiled and immediately let go of my arm. She searched through the pages and studied it. Then she took my hand and we sat in our desks.

Time passed so fast. But I don't want it to. Tonight the Meteor will hit our town and I definitely don't know what to do. Carly reported our research project diligently. Happily we got the highest grade and Carly just went pshyco. It was again time to go home. I joined Carly in her car and she dropped me at the place where I always wait.

I ran through the forest and reached our wooden house. As I entered our house everyone was getting ready to get small pieces of that meteor.

"The enemy is near." Nathan shouted as he applied an X-mark on his cheek.

"How many minutes do we have left, officer?" Sunny asked.

"65 minutes, Maam !" Alvin screamed.

"Ok, let's go out. Everyone spread and keep your eyes open." Mom said as she led the way outside.

I followed. 

Everyone was scattered. I don't know where to go. I dropped my rucksack. And went to Nathan's direction because he is a slow runner I catched up with him. I kept on running after him until I got tired and lost him. I breathed so heavily. 

I looked around me I was in a valley. I never knew there was a place like this here. I searched for Nathan but I did'nt see him. I sat down and realized that it was dark and I forgot to bring a candle. I closed my eyes and hoped they are safe.

Just then, I felt like there was light coming to me. Maybe it was Nathan. I opened my eyes. 

Not realizing something was coming near me.

A red hot-glowing object.

My toes were numb.

I can't move.

It came closer.

I just closed my eyes.

And ....

"Michelle !!!"

-----

edited chapter.

© 2012. Scarlet_Shilouette

Woah. My English skills are improving as far as I'm concerned c: Thanks for reading. Vote and Comment what you think. God Bless. Take Care.