Chapter 8 - Heroes And Villains ✔

Now what? Eddie, Carly and Owen wants to be my hero. That doesn't work for me. I can't let them be involved in this chaos. Fortune told me not to tell my friends. But they are making me. I don't want any of them hurt. Especially Eddie, now that we both are friends again. I won't let that happen again. Not anymore. I tried to fake a smile to them. Hoping that they would leave and allow me to face this on my own. But I guess they are used to my pathetic lies.

"I'm okay. I just can't help these people staring to me."

"That's an almost perfect lie." Carly smirked.

"Yeah. You're right." Carly knows all of me. She knows all my secrets and she can guess wheater I'm lying or not.

"So... Where are you going?" Eddie asked scratching the back of his head.

"Rosenburg Park. Fortune kidnapped my family."

"Oh My God. I told my butler to not let your family out of his sight but he is just super clumsy." Carly freaked out. Their family just can't choose the right butlers. They just hand-pick them from anywhere they can.

"So you want a ride?" Eddie frantically said.

"Where you s'pose we are riding? Your rusty bike?" Owen said pointing at his bike.

"Errr... Yes?" We all laughed. Carly called a taxi and we all got in. The driver was an old man. He took his time staring at my face and later started the engine. We arrived at the park just before another car arrived. Carly paid the driver and they all looked around the park. I stared at the car parked right in front of me. Trying to peek inside it.

HOLY-

The window just opened. A guy with an afro hair appeared was sitting on the driver's place. Dude, your hair is for the 80's people =_=. I heard someone screaming from inside. His or her mouth is probably covered since I cannot hear the voice clearly.

"Hello Miss Carpenters. We told you not to bring your foolish friends but you are really hard headed aren't you?" He removed his sunglasses. I saw him. He was Fortune's sidekick or sidepunch. I don't know. My lips were dry. Hands are numb. He looked back to his hostage and removed the plaster tape.

"Michelle! Help me!" Ana. Not Ana. Her health is fragile. Why her?

"Ana..." Her eyes were sore and tears kept rolling down her rosy cheeks. Hair messy. Pale skin. What are they doing to my family?

"Come with me then. There we could make the deal." He said as the door behind him automatically opened.

"Not without us." Owen said from behind me.

"You cannot come Lover Boy." He said as he pointed a gun to him. I told them already. It would be risky if they come.

"Let's just stay." Carly said. "Good luck Mich." She said as she patted my shoulder.

I hopped into the car and hugged Ana then later waved them goodbye. I don't know what will I do when I face Fortune again. Will I kick his butt or will I just surrender what he wants. My powers... That's all that he wants. Perform an experiment on me maybe. Earn money. I stroked Ana's hair as we traveled to a near deserted garage. The car stopped and that afro guy pulled me out of it.

We followed him to the entrance of their hide-out. It was pitch-black inside. Except for the spotlight that shone on a king-like chair. The chair turned my way. Fortune was sitting there. A foot on top of a nearby table and drinking his wine. Dramatic entrance eh?

"We meet once again Miss Carpenters. It's been a while isn't it?" He said standing up and walking towards me. "I'm really sorry to be the unlikely villain of your story."