Chapter 18: Top Six

CHAPTER 18: TOP SIX

I woke up like a zombie. I didn't care about how my hair looked or if I had any crust by my eyes. I stood up and just stared at the clothes in front of me.

Should I even go to school today?

I took a quick shower and then decided to go to school. If I want to be fine I have to act fine. Sulking around at home will not solve anything. I wore my black see through stocking, my red velvet skirt, my black long sleeved striped collared sweater tucked in the front, my black wedged shoes, and my grey overcoat. I wore a red cloth bracelet and I didn't put any accessories in my hair.

When I got down, I grabbed a slice of bread and ran out the door. No goodbye to the grandparents? Well, they weren't awake yet which was pretty strange since they usually are always awake before me. But of course my grandma wouldn't forget my clothes. It's like what I wear is more important than what I eat now.

At school, the first person I see is Levi.

"Rochelle! I'm glad you're okay." He waves and smiles at me. As I approach him, I notice the girl next to him.

"Do you happen to have any pudding cake with you? I'd like some more!" He asked me in a cheery tone. What has gotten him in such high spirits?

"Are you on drugs now Levi?" The girl next to him starts laughing.

"Rochelle! Keep your voice down! That's not something to joke around about!" Levi whisper yells and glares at the girl.

"Not funny Leo!"

"But it was pretty funny!" She laughs more and uses her hair to muffle the laughter.

"Anyway, if you asked that because I seem to be more hyper today then it's because we made it to the top six baby!"

"Top six?"

"Yeah! You know. Number one model?" He smiled at me even wider.

"Top six, huh. Who else made it?"

"Let me check." He pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Lets see... Only two people were eliminated so... It's just you, Nicki, Koko, Justin, Cooper, and Zane." He folded the paper and put it back in his pocket. "They're going to announce a new pairing later. We'll just go to the meeting together later." He was talking to me, but I wasn't listening. All I was thinking right now was how I was going to deal with Jennifer knowing that she probably knows that I got in and she didn't. We're in the same first class. Oh no.

"Hey." Leo touched my arm.

"Don't worry about Jennifer, okay? I've got your back." She smiled at me and I just stared at her.

"She can't mess with me. I'm tough." She let go of my arm and slapped Levi's arm.

"Ow! Why'd you hit me?"

"Because Rochelle and I have to get to class. See ya!"

"Alright then." He waved goodbye to us. I walked along side of Leo.

I'm tough too. I just don't know how to let it out yet.

Inside the classroom, everyone was quiet for once. But not in a good way. Everyone was doing their best to keep a distance from Jennifer. Even her lackeys. When we came in, Jennifer just glared at me. Her eyes continued to follow me as I went to my seat. Eventually, Jennifer got up from her desk and approached me.

"How did you do it?"

"What?"

"How did you cheat Rochelle."