Chapter 5: Change

A/N: hey guys! Just added another one quickly! It's short. Well, most of my chapters have been short. I hope that's not much of a bother. I've only gotten a few views and a few votes. Whoever's reading this and is enjoying it, can you please spread the word about my writing? That's be a good boost to write more longer stuff. Thank you!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me if you liked what you read. I'd like some friends too. :)

•••

CHAPTER 5: CHANGE

What song? So many songs I could sing but which one? Ugh. Why did I have to write down singing? Why?

"Sweetheart, it's almost 9. Are you ready for bed?" My grandma asked nicely through the door.
"Yeah. Almost."
"Just turn out the lights when you go to bed, okay?"
"Okay grandma."
"Good night."
"Good night."

When I heard she had gone, I scrolled through my playlist. I picked out two songs: Heartattack by Demi Lovato and The Way by Ariana Grande. I haven't really been exercising my voice so I picked The Way. Easier on my vocal chords. I laid down on my bed and listened to the song over and over again. Once I thought I got it down, I sang along. Soon enough, I turned off the lights and tried to sleep.

When I woke up, it was already 8:00am. What's the problem? Well, my first class starts at 8. I got up fast, showered, put on some clothes, and ran downstairs.

"She's up!" My grandpa exclaimed.
"Why didn't you wake me up grandpa?" I said in the saddest voice I could conjure up while racing against time.
"Ask your grandma. Told me not to wake you."
"It's fine. I have to go anyway. Tell her i left already?"
"Alright."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and raced to school.

Once I got there, i entered my class slowly as to not interrupt whatever was going on inside.

"Who's there?" My teacher asked.
"Ms. Hovde sir."
"Ms. Hovde. You're late today. That's a surprise."
"Sorry sir. I overslept."
"It's fine take a seat."
"Thank you sir."

I walked fast to my seat at the back and covered my face in my english textbook. I didn't even have time to fix my hair. I started to feel uncomfortable. I moved around a bit but it didn't make me feel better. Then I realized, it's because of what i'm wearing: a plain white sleeveless collared t-shirt and white and black aztec designed shorts. They were soooooo short! I was too exposed! I started to shrink in my chair.

I surveyed the room. I don't think anyone noticed my sudden change in wardrobe. Until i met eyes with Jennifer. She was staring daggers at me. I didn't get why she would be mad at me just because i changed my usual way of dressing up.

Once class ended, I rushed outside and stayed in the garden. I was not going around the school too much in what i was wearing.

I sighed, took out my phone, plugged in the earphones, and listened to "Awake All Night" by Cody Simpson.

"It's 2:15 in the morning, and I'm still thinking about you baby. I'm so frequently yawning but i'm still thinking about you baby and heaven up above did so well on every little bit of you baby. I think that i'm in love with every little bit of you baby..." I sung until I heard the door to the garden open.

"Rochelle, is it?" Jennifer asked.
"Uh... Yeah." I responded.
"Alright. Here's the thing. I don't really have a problem with you but I really don't like how you're dressed today."
"Why?"
"You look like a slut. Seriously, not obvious to you?" I looked at her dumbstruck. She pretty much dresses the same way. Worse even.
"So, just stop dressing like 'that' and we won't have any problems. Okay?" She gave me her evil little smile. I stared at her, leaving her to think about what I could possibly be thinking. Then, I took out my notebook and started scribbling down random words.

"Ahem." She said to get my attention, which didn't work.
"Do we have an agreement?" She asked me. I decided to look at her. I got up, gathered my things, and left the garden.

"Where are you going?!" She yelled out.
"To change!" I yelled back.