Chapter 16: Run

Please vote and comment! I want to make this story better, not just for me, but for you! :D

Enjoy!

•••

CHAPTER 16: RUN

"You don't have to help me in the garden sweetheart."

"It's okay grandma."

"It's okay sweetheart. Can you go grocery shopping for me instead?"

"I already did last night."

"You forgot the pudding."

"Why do you want pudding anyway grandma?"

"I'm going to make a cake. Found one of your mother's recipes in the kitchen drawer the other day. Thought I'd try it. So, can you get me that pudding?"

"Alright grandma." I took off my gardening gloves, said see you later to my grandpa and headed to the grocery store once more.

Of course I can't get anywhere without someone recognizing me anymore.

"Hi Rochelle." Jennifer. I just stared at her as she pushed the cart towards me with Zane right behind her. Zane?!

"Fancy seeing you here." She smiled and took a jar of peanut butter that was behind me. I started walking away from her.

"That was rude."

"Jennifer, you were rude to her. Remember?" Zane said in an irritated way.

"Zane, why are you mad at me? What did I do?"

"Jennifer... Not here." He took the cart and moved away from her. Jennifer looked like she was going to slap herself but refrained from doing so. I could've done that for her. If I wasn't such a wuss.

I put them out of my mind immediately. Whatever was going on between them has nothing to do with me. I got 8 cups of pudding and exited the store.

•••

I know my grandma wouldn't need the pudding right away so I sag under the big tree in the park. Since school was closed on weekends, this was my replacement for the garden. Taken that it doesn't have the same flowers cultivated at school nor at our backyard but the air was so much... Fresher, I would say. I also loved the shade the tree would give me. I felt safer.

"It's nice here, right?" I looked up to see Justin sitting on a huge branch above me.

"What?"

"I said, it's nice here, right?" He looked down at me and smiled.

"Yeah." I looked back down, avoiding his stare.

"This is a little different though." He tells me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, usually, you're the one looking at me from above. But now it's the other way around! Humorous, isn't it?" I looked up at him in shock. He could see me from the soccer field?

"Yes. WE could see you from the soccer field." We?!

"What brings you here?"

"Just wanted some fresh air." I hope i'm not blushing.

"This air would be a lot fresher if they took care of the grass around here. It's so dry." I didn't even notice that.

"You're right."

"You want to come up here?" He offered me his hand to bring me up.

"Um... No thanks. I better get back to my grandma."