Chapter 35

*For all who have curly hair*

Playlist ♪♫

"It's okay to fight for someone who loves you. It's not okay to fight for someone to love you. There's a huge difference." - thegoodquote.co, Instagram

Harry's POV

**One week later

I was in my room, staring blankly at the TV monitor, watching the news. There was another rally this morning. I should be interested on it, since it concerned the government and monarchy.

My mind was still on Emerald, disturbing my thoughts and the decisions I made. I became irrational and sometimes, dysfunctional. This had been going on since she left England. We haven't talk and said our goodbyes well. We were both stubborn and our prides created a thick wall between us. 

I realized I made a mistake by being so harsh to her. My jealousy overpowered me. Seeing her kissed another guy made me lose my mind. All my self control went instantly to the trash bin... I was insanely angry. 

I've never been like this before. I did not know why I became very possessive of her. Her sweet lips and kisses should be mine alone. No other guy have the right to kiss her like that.

The dog laid down on the floor, near my feet, whimpering. He stayed with me since Emerald left. He was so noisy whimpering every night at the dog hotel, he only stopped when he saw me. Right now, he still whimpered, but very seldom.

"Come here, Archie." I tapped the space on the couch and he jumped up, then sprawled across my lap. 

I petted his head and back. "You miss her?"

Archie looked at me in response, then licked my hand.

I leaned back, resting my head at the back of the chair. "So do I. But she doesn't want to talk to me. What am I gonna do?"

The dog whimpered and rested his head on my arm. 

I should have listened to her explanations and never doubted her feelings. I kept on talking about trust, and all the while, I did not trust her. 

Emerald left the night we argued. She requested to transfer in a hotel and I was so stupid to comply on her wish.  We were both like fire, flaming wildly every time we started talking. It was impossible to patch up things. Our discussion ended in a heated argument. No one accepts being wrong. 

I realized my mistake when I woke up the following day. I felt a sudden lost, like a piece of me was missing. My pride got in the way. Being trained as a king, I became perfectionist, commanding, solid and grounded. I made decisions based on what was right and wrong. I saw the evidence and it was enough to judge her right away. 

I went to the hotel to talk to her but she already checked out. Walter informed me that she was on her way back home, flying on the Petrakis private jet. 

Many times, I called her, but she would not answer. Instead, I called her brother, Zion. He could help me get through her.

"Where's Emerald? She's not answering my calls. Did she arrive already?"

"She headed to Australia. She wanted to choose the gems for the crown and other jewelries included in her upcoming exhibit. Just call her again later, she's probably in a meeting."

"Did she tell you anything about us?"

"You mean you and Emerald?" Zion asked.

I was silent. I shouldn't ask. What is wrong with me... What am I thinking?

"What about it? Did something happen between you two?" Zion continued asking. I knew he wouldn't stop asking me now. 

"No. It's about the scandal, I apologized for that. Everything is not true."

"Yeah, Emerald told me." Zion heaved a long sigh. "I always told her to be careful with her actions, but she could not prevent it. She just got lucky that you cleared the issues to the press right away, saving her reputation."

"She was with me and it's my duty to protect her." And love her. I even wanted to ask him, 'What if I love her. Do you have any objection on that?' 

"Thank you, bro. I really appreciate it a lot, for treating her like your younger sister." Zion replied.

Sister? The fudge! 

Archie whimpered again, made my mind back to the present. I rubbed his head. "Stop crying, will you? You're making me more sad. I'll see her in New York after I'll settle the problem here."

Emerald's POV

I just arrived from Australia, meeting our company's gems supplier. I was there for a week, in business and mending my broken heart. I was very disappointed of Harry. I thought he trusted me. 

Everything happened so fast between us. In barely two weeks, we became very intimate - sexual, and open up our feelings, saying I love you

I mean it when I said it to him, but I doubted now if he means it too. Love is absolute trust for me. If he can't trust me, then he doesn't love me enough. 

I would rather be alone, rather than being with a judgmental arrogant prince. I was delusional to think that ours was like a fairy tale, as simple as meeting each other again, then lived happily ever after. 

 I headed to my office, when my personal assistant, Cathy followed me.

"You should see the jewelries that Regina Stone's company exhibit last night." She gave me the morning paper that she was holding. 

I put down my handbag on my desk and scanned the whole page of the paper. It was the highlight of the Stone Jewels exhibit last night. There were pictures of their exclusive jewelry designs. 

My heart sank immediately when I saw the photos. 

"Oh my God! Their designs are all similar to ours. How could this happen?" My master designer and I worked hard on it to make it unique, perfect and flawless. 

"They obviously stole it." Cathy said disgustingly.

"How come?"

I felt like crying. All the hard work - time, energy and money, I invested with my staff were all gone to waste. We could not exhibit the jewelries we made anymore. It would be like we were the one copying their designs. 

Ugh! I groaned in frustration. All the jewelries were worth billions! How could we dispose it now? The shame that we would be facing, since the grand exhibit would take place in three weeks time. 

I looked at Regina's picture, smiling proudly in a photo beside her family. One guy looked familiar, and I stared at him. I read the caption, and instantly, I was breathless with rage. He was Regina's half brother. Kevin Hill

**Don't forget to Vote and Share to your friends**