Chapter 31

*Dedicated to everyone who read Sweet Bastard*

Playlist ♪♫

"In finding love, I think it's important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it's important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take."  - Kina Grannis

Harry's POV

"Let her organize the medical mission. I'm busy grandpa. I have to take care of the other projects. I can't be with her all the time as her escort." I sat on a couch, half lying and stretching my legs in front of me.

"Sit properly, Philip, you're going to be the next king."

What the... we're alone, for Christ's sake!

But I decided not to argue with him. I did not want to upset him, he would not be able to sleep. 

Grandpa sat across me. His milky cloudy eyes staring at me. "You are expected to accompany her. She's the best candidate to be your queen."

I stood up, upset at the topic again. I raked my fingers through my hair. I like Princess Camila as a friend, but other than that, nothing.

"Is that why she's here? And the reason why Spain funded the medical missions, because they're expecting me to marry her?

"All of us is expecting it from you, Philip, being the next king. We set aside our personal feelings and needs for the people and for the country. Princess Camila is raised to rule the people and govern a country, way ahead than you did. She has a compassionate heart and gentle personality to make a good queen of England."

"I don't love her, grandpa." I inhaled deeply, letting out the squeezing pain on my chest. I have to tell him the truth. "I'm in love with someone else."

He shook his head, showing disappointment on his face. "I made a mistake bringing you both to the Rose field castle cottage. I always thought that you treat her like a younger sister. Seeing you kept on glancing at her during dinner made me suspicious."

"I love Emerald, grandpa. I can rule the whole England better if I have peace and happiness in my heart. Let me decide for myself and find out if Emerald and I are meant for each other. I want to get my chance with her. If our relationship works, then, we'd be together. If not, then... maybe I will decide to marry Princess Camila."

"I married your grandmother, who was the Princess of Denmark because of royal duty. I learned to love her with all my heart. I expected you to do the same. But you are like your mother, Philip. Who got attracted with an American. Both of you are very weak when it comes to feelings. I'm very disappointed of you that you don't have loyalty to our country. I can disown you right now, like I did to your mother."

"I know you wouldn't dare, grandpa. You would beg for me to stay once I'd  walk out on you right now. You wouldn't want your brother, the Duke of Bedford to be the next king either." I did not mean to be rude, but I could not help but chuckled. "You're wrong about me, grandpa. I have utmost love and loyalty for the country and I am not weak, nor my mother. We're just too strong for you to handle. My mother did not make a mistake when she married my father. She's very happy with him. She would be miserable if she married the King of Spain. He have mistresses all over the world."

Grandpa fell silent and suddenly stood up to go to his bed. "I'm tired, Philip. I need my sleep now."

I shoved my hands inside my pocket. Grandpa was always like that, using his tiredness as an excuse to evade a topic. He dismissed me, so I'm going. But I'd stick to my decision. 

"Goodnight, grandpa. I'll see you tomorrow." I made a neck bow and turned to go.

"Wait." He halted me when I was about to open the door.

"I'm agreeable to what you said. You can have your chance with Miss Petrakis. Find out if you really love each other."

"Thank you." I was relieved that he gave me his blessing. I did not expect that, right away.

"But promise me, Philip. You'll marry Princess Camila if things don't work out with you and Miss Petrakis."

"I won't promise anything, grandpa. Maybe, or maybe not. Let the future hold its course."

Grandpa nodded. "Whatever you wish, Philip. Soon, I'll die and I could not stop whatever decisions you'd make. But right now, I want to ask you a favor. I want you to accompany Princess Camila to the medical mission, tomorrow. You need to show up there too, at least on the first day. Since, many people recognized you now."

"Okay, grandpa. I will." I assured him and left the room.

______

The moment Emerald opened the door, we started kissing. I was hungry for her as she was for me. I pulled her up in my arms as I sat her down on the couch. I was kissing her neck when she suddenly she stopped me.

"Harry, wait... please. Can we talk?"

"Later." I slid my hand inside the hem of her dress, going up to her thigh. 

"I have to go back to New York tomorrow."

My mouth instantly left her neck, then I settled on the couch beside her. "Why too soon?"

"The king ordered rare gems for the queen's crown and the supplier won't trust to give it to anyone. They want to give it to me personally."

Damn supplier. I wanted her to stay at least for a week.

"Make it the next day or the next next day. I want to spend more time with you. I haven't showed you much of England yet."

She reached for my face, caressing the stubbles on my jaw. "I'll try to talk to the supplier tomorrow. Then we can explore the city."

I remembered the favor grandpa asked. "I can't. I have to accompany Princess Camila to the medical mission tomorrow. It will take the whole day. We're going to the countryside."

"Oh... then we can explore the next day."

"Perfect. But I'll be with you in New York. We can tell your family together about us."

She smiled and her eyes glowed with pure happiness. "Thank you."

 I claimed her mouth again, thrusting my tongue inside her to taste her sweetness. My hands caressed her body, skimming her waist up to her breasts. I found the zip of her dress. I slid it down to open when my phone rang, jerking Emerald up.

Not again! 

"You should answer that." She said, holding the front of her dress.

"Yeah, yeah." I said in a very frustrating voice. 

The caller was the head police. He informed that there was a riot in the city. They needed help from the royal palace to control the crowd immediately.

"I really have to go." I explained what happened to her. "I'll see you tomorrow night, okay?" 

"Okay..."

I kissed her again, deeply, before I left. 

**Don't forget to Vote and Share**