Chapter 28

*For all who love superheroes*

Playlist

"She found heaven in his eyes. And for the first time in a very long time, she could feel the stars within her begin to shine." - Jessica Michelle

Harry's POV

Emerald is giving me insomnia. Two nights in a row that I was not sleeping well.

It was six in the morning, the weather was cold and drizzle of rain falling from the gloomy sky. I went out for a jog wearing my sweatpants and sweater hoody, heading to the border of the estate. 

"Good morning, your royal highness." Walter greeted me when I stopped at their cottage. 

"Good morning." I was catching my breath, bending down, holding my knees. I never ran this far without stopping before. I just felt like I wanted to drain all my energy.

"You want some water, sir?"

"No. I'm good." I straightened up, taking the hoodie out of my head and allowing the cold mist ran onto my hair. 

"Any news in the palace?"

"All is well. The paparazzi stopped going behind the palace gates when they could not find you and Miss Petrakis, sir."

"Good." I was a relieved. Emerald and I could go back to the palace anytime soon.

"But there was a man looking for Miss Petrakis yesterday afternoon, sir. Unfortunately, the royal household staff was not able to get his name. He left immediately."

My head jerked up. Who could that be? It must be something very important.

I have to call Zion, if someone in her family was looking for her. I hope it's not some sort of emergency.

I went inside the cottage and radio my right hand in the palace to call Zion. Zion relayed that no one in their family travelled in England. All was doing well in their family and they did not contact Emerald. They knew she was safe with me.

Safe? The word made me wonder if she was really safe with me. I kissed her and introduced sexual intimacy with her. 

Her family trusted me to take care of her while she was in England. In some point, I disappointed them. She was dragged to the royal scandal. 

And now, I don't know how to explain to Zion about me and Emerald. He would use his kickboxing skills on me once he'd know that Emerald and I shared the shower together, naked. His father, Eros Petrakis would grill me whole like an asian pig.

But they would understand if I'd explain to them better how I loved Emerald. They've known me for too long, even my family.

I wonder who was looking for Emerald? Maybe a friend here in England.

I went home and Emerald was still asleep. I had a quick shower then went downstairs to prepare breakfast. I was making pancakes when Emerald came down. 

"Hey." She greeted me.

"Good morning. Are you hungry?" I reached for her hand, drawing her closer in my arms and gave her a kiss.

"Not really."

She walked behind me and took a cup. She filled it with brewed coffee on the kitchen counter. "You want some?"

"Yes, please." I answered, not even looking at her.

"You want it so black, right?"

"Yup."

"Black as a devil?" 

I looked at her and she smiled.

"And yours? Creamy and white as an angel." I teased her. She look so cute in her big shirt and thigh high socks. I wanted to 

We were having breakfast when I mentioned to her that I saw Walter and informed me that someone was looking for her. 

"I don't know anyone here in England. Maybe he got the wrong girl."

"Maybe." I nodded. "Anyway, do you want to go back to the palace tomorrow? The palace security said that it is safe to go back now. The paparazzi stopped stalking us when they could not find us."

"That's great news!" She hugged me instantly, kissing my cheek. "I'm excited to go back. I have a lot of calls and emails to make."

"Me too." 

"What about Archie? Can we bring him too?"

"In the palace?" I frowned. I still did not like the dog. It was the most grumpy dog I've ever encountered.

She nodded. "Please Harry. Archie is such a sweet dog. He needs care and protection."

"We'll talk about it later, Emerald." I stood up and took a water to drink in the filtered jug on the kitchen counter. 

"Harry... please. If you love me, you will be concern of my happiness. I want to take care of Archie."

I heaved a sigh. "Okay, okay." I answered. I could not say no.

Emerald's POV

I was excited to get back to civilization. I wanted to do a lot of things. First, call my family to tell them that I was okay. Then I'd call my office in New York to check the designs of the crown I asked in 3D. I would submit the design to the King as soon as it was ready. 

My phone would not stop beeping when we were nearing the city. My notifications in my social media accounts would not stop. I noticed missed calls also. I checked on it, mostly from the office. I scanned my phone messages, then I was surprised when I read a message. 

"Hi, Emerald. I miss you so much. I'm here in England. I want to see you."

It was a message from Kevin Hill.