Chapter 2

Reminders:

- This book is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author's imagination, or have been used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental.

- This is a Romance Comedy Fiction. Do not relate or compare this story to the Royal Household, particularly the laws and rules in a monarchy. 

- Corrections are appreciated, but don't do it in an offensive way. Spread LOVE, say NO to Hate.

Playlist ♪♫

"Chemistry is you touching my arm and setting fire to my mind."  – Nayyirah Waheed, poet

Emerald's POV

Now, my dress is a mess and I have an important meeting this afternoon. Ugh! That prince... whoever he is... he ruined my afternoon!

I threw the unicorn frappe in the garbage bin. Yuck. My hands were so sticky and in color pink and blue. I groaned, looking at the same colors on my dress. I have to get out of this dress as soon as I can. 

I went to the spot where my driver would pick me up. I was upset but I was controlling myself from exploding. 

"Hey! Look who's here?" I heard a familiar voice behind me, followed by an annoying giggles of girls. 

I turned around and saw Regina Stone with her two girl friends. 

My rivalry with Regina Stone started since grade school. We were fighting to get the first rank in our class,  the attention of our teachers, being casted in the school play lead roles and who would get the merits and awards. The worst thing, we also fought for a boy during senior high. Okay, she won. She got that fuck boy Johnny, but I got the Valedictorian academic award.

Regina pretended to be nice to people who were useful to her, like the teachers. But in reality, she was a certified bitch. She played victim to the circumstances she created and making her target of hate as the villain. Unfortunately, I was always her target. 

"Oh! What happened to that dress? Poor little bitch girl." Regina loved to annoy people. It was her weapon. "What is that, another drama?"

I just smiled and said sweetly to her. "Regina, please move away from the sunlight. I hate the smell of burning plastic."

Her expression immediately clouded with anger. "Bitch!" She almost shouted and walked away.

Darn it. She got no class.

Regina Stone hated me more when she learned I opened my Petrakis Gems business. The Stone family had their jewelry manufacturing business not too long ago. But their products were limited only in classic designs. Ours was modern, fashionable and have personalized collections. We only used the finest gems in our creations. 

I arrived at the Petrakis Building. I headed directly to my office, could not wait to change clothes and wash my hands. Thanks God, I have a spare dress in the office, my 'just in case' a special meeting would turn up. 

My personal assistant, Cathy, dropped her jaw when she saw me. "What happened to your dress?"

"A  bodyguard shove me aside, knocking my drink because some prince would pass by."

"A prince?" Cathy's eyes opened wide, getting so excited. "You mean Prince Philip? I heard he's in New York right now."

"Duh! I haven't seen the prince. His bodyguards were crowding him." I walked passed Cathy's table, hurrying to get inside my office. I felt so sticky already. 

"Um... wait... wait... Miss Petrakis. I forgot..." Cathy shouted behind me. 

I waved a hand to signal Cathy to stop. "Later, okay? I have to get this damn dress out of me first."

"But maàm..."

The moment I entered my office, I hurriedly took off my dress. I could not stand the sticky feeling of it on my body. I felt like dozens of ants were crawling on my skin. 

I sighed with relief as I kicked the dress off, and leaned on my office door, closing my eyes. At last!

"Emerald?"

The sound of a deep male voice made my eyes open wide. Shocked and panicked,  I turned immediately to the man in dark business suit sitting comfortably on the couch with his feet raised on the center table. 

My mouth opened wide, could not believe I was seeing him. Shit! I grabbed my dress on the floor. Darn it, I wore it again!

"What the hell are you doing in here?!"

"Watching a strip show." Harry chuckled. "You should have continued. I was enjoying it."

"You wish!" Ugh! What a pervert! I really hate him.

I haven't talk to him since that day. I knew it was so shallow of me, but I was really hurt at that time. It was my first heartbreak. Though I was not holding any grudge on him now because it happened a long time ago, almost a century now, but I just did not like him anymore. I lost interest on him. Totally.

It started when he asked me to be his date in their Senior prom night and gave me a huge teddy bear. I was so excited. I began preparing my gown, my makeup, imagining our first dance, first kiss... even dreaming of us getting married and preparing the names of our kids. But after a week, he told me he was only joking and would take Betty Jones as his prom date. That hit me so hard. I felt like so devastated and heartbroken. I thought I was special to him. That night, I cried myself to sleep and swore that I would toughen my heart next time.

I saw Harry twice or three times since he transferred to UK. Lately was during Zion and Claire's wedding. But we haven't talk. 

Okay, I admit. I was avoiding him. As I've said... I lost interest in him and I'm not even interested in knowing anything about him. I had no idea what he was doing with his life.

"What do you want?" I said, adjusting my dress. I cringed when I felt the wet sticky unicorn frappe on my skin again. 

He stood up and went closer to me, until we were a yard apart.

"You."

My heart skipped a beat. Stupid traitor heart! He's a player. He's fooling me again.

"Ew. That's disgusting." I put my hands on my waist, facing him squarely. I hated that he thought he could wrap me around his fingers and fool me. 

He laughed, shaking his head. 

"You can't just barged in my office. I have an important appointment right now." I raised my hand, pointing at the door. "My client is waiting outside." I lied. I just wanted him out of my office.

"Really? How did that happen?" He was frowning at me now. He straightened his stance and put his hands inside his pockets.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. 

"I'm your appointment."