Chapter 7: Surprises, surprises

BIG NOTE: CHANGED THE ENDING OF THE LAST CHAPTER...changes some things.

"I have time," I said.

"Okay then, it all started when I met a guy."

"Is this the guy that was at Starbucks?" She nodded, and I automatically felt anger. After all, he could've killed both of us.

"Well, we met in high school. We started dating and eventually fell in love. My parents did not approve of him at all. So we ran away, we kinda eloped. We actually went to Las Vegas and got married by a guy who was dressed like Elvis. Then we decided to go on a road trip, ultimately landing here, to get away from my parents. They eventually disowned me, so I had no family to turn to except for John." She stopped for a moment, seemed like she was trying to keep tears from coming out, like the memories were painful. They probably were. She continued, "After we got here, he would disappear sometimes for days before he came back. I later learned that he was in a gang, stealing and sometimes even murdering. That helped me figure out how he had so much money. He also was doing drugs, getting drunk, getting arrested. Eventually I told him I didn't want to be with him anymore if he was going to continue. That's when he started abusing me, which probably explains the fractured rib, huh?" I nodded. "It became too much, so one night I ran away from him. He chased me and we eventually ended up in Starbucks. You know the rest..." She trailed, obviously not wanted to remember the story.

"Hey. Look at me?" I asked. She did. "Someday you'll find the right person for you. Don't give up." With that, I let her sleep. I started to fall asleep too, when the door opened and Zayn came in, followed by Mr. Curly.

"Hey guys," I said, sitting up.

"Brought you lunch," Harry said, lifting a bag in his hand. It had the familiar logo of Cafe Rio on it, immediately making me excited. "Can you get out of bed?" He asked.

"Yep!" I did get out of the bed, thankfully in my own clothes instead of the hospital dress. I had thrown a fit when I had to put the gown on, so they let me wear my own clothes. Currently, I was wearing Louis' choice of clothes, orange pants with a blue and black striped shirt. I even slid on a pair of  black TOMS he had bought for me. Zayn stayed with Allison, while Harry took me out of the room. We got in a elevator, going to the top floor. He led me onto the roof, which had one of the best views ever. On the roof was a table with two chairs. Being the gentleman he is, Harry pulled out the chair, waited until I was comfortable, then slid it closer to the table. He set the bag on the table.

"One pork burrito with black beans and rice for you," he said pulling it out. "Plus one rootbeer." He set both in front of me, also giving me a fork & knife. "As for me, mac & cheese." We both started eating, although I had trouble with mine. After all, when you have a cast, eating a giant burrito isn't the easiest feat ever. After trying to eat it, I gave up and took the fork, stabbed the burrito and lifted the whole thing to my mouth.

"Very ladylike. Very, very ladylike," I heard Harry say. I looked up at him, just to make him laugh, which he did. I finished my burrito in about twenty minutes, making me feel weird since I could usually eat one in less than five. Harry had also finished his food. He pulled the bag back on the table. I took a sip of my rootbeer as he pulled something out of the bag.

"Best for last, right? Red velvet cheesecake." He opened the styrofoam container to show me the two gigantic chunks of heaven. He handed me a new fork, and before you could say 'Harry Styles', one of the pieces had disappeared. I sat back, satisfied and full. I finished my rootbeer.

"Hey, thanks for lunch. It's a heck of a lot better than hospital food!" I said, full of enthusiasm. He chuckled.

"No problem, Birdie. Can I ask you something?"

"Um...you just did," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean. Come here." He led me to the side of the building where we looked down. There was a parade or something going on. There was a bunch of people stopped in the street. What Makes You Beautiful filled the air and the people down there lifted letters above their heads, at the right angle so we could see them.

W. I. L. L. Y. O. U. G. O. O. U. T. W. I. T. H. M. E. ?  It took me a moment to realize what it said. 18 letters and a simple question mark. I turned to him.

"Will you?" He asked, eyes questioning me.

Instead of answering, I kissed his cheek and went back to the elevator, leaving him there, speechless. I went back to our room. I opened the door, to see only Allison.

"You look happy," I said.

"H-he asked me o-out," she said.

"Really? What did you say?" I asked sitting on my bed.

"Yes," she muttered.

"Great! Now we can go on double-dates since I think I just told Harry yes."

"He asked you too?"

"Um-hm."

"Be careful. Zayn told me to tell you he's a player."

"I know."

"Then why'd you say yes?"

"Honestly, I don't know."