Chapter Twenty-Five~

-Ciel’s POV-

I was laying in bed feeling sleep take over my body, that kid Fray and the others had brought hadn’t left him alone since he arrived. He kept asking me questions about the Council, and my energy was drained.

“Are you okay?” Fray asked, worriedly.

I nodded, drowsy. “Just tired.”

“Sleep, I’ll be by your side the entire time,” he reassured, playing with my hair. He’d been like this since he got back, refusing to leave me alone. I tried explaining to him that they were just two human demon hunters, they were small fry. But I noticed the anger in his eyes, the guilt of leaving me alone.

“I told you, the only reason I ever lost a fight back when I was in the Council was when I was ordered to,” I murmured sleepily. “I don’t plan on getting caught, I won’t let anyone hurt our baby.”

“But I’m supposed to protect you both,” Fray told me, kissing the top of my head. “You’re doing it enough as it is, you’re giving me a family.”

“What’s with the kid you guys brought back?” I mumbled.

“He’s a monster,” Fray warned.

“He’s okay,” I said as my eyes closed. “We’ll have a monster of our own soon.”

“No, I mean he’s a real monster,” Fray insisted.

“Most kids are, Fray,” I told him as I felt myself drifting off.

He chuckled. “Sleep, baby.”

I gave into sleep. By the time I woke up all I could hear screaming and yelling coming from downstairs. Fray wasn't around the room, I crawled out of bed and tiptoed down the stairs only to see Suki standing by the door behind Fray who was facing some kind of monster with black scales and a wide mouth full of razors for teeth.

Hunter and Zack were standing in front of the monster and Alan and Kendal were yelling at Suki.

“Who the fuck are you?” Kendal shouted.

“Natsuke!” She shouted back, obviously frazzled by the monster standing in front of her growling and roaring.

“What makes you important enough for him to want to kill you?” Alan demanded pointing at the monster.

“She's Aldo’s daughter!” Fray yelled over the monster’s cries as it began to step forward, readying itself to kill.

“What the hell is she doing here?” Alan shouted at Fray.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Growled Hunter at Suki.

“Who cares what she’s doing here!” Fray yelled at everyone. “She needs to leave now!”

“Suki?” I mumbled, I was still so sleepy and the whole life and death situation wasn’t registering in my head. All eyes turned to me, most of them wide with worry, except the pair of the beast that happened to be closest to me, they were angry.

“Ciel, go back to the room, now!” Fray ordered.

I took a step back and the wood beneath my foot creaked, the monster snarled, baring its teeth at me now.

“Don’t,” growled Fray, this time speaking to the animal stepping closer to me. “Don’t you fucking touch him, he’s mine.”

The beast wasn’t responding and I watched surprised when Fray took hold of Suki pushing her forward and she let out a yelp. “You want her, remember?” Fray told it in an almost taunting voice. “Come get her.”