The final battle

Ezra pov

Lothal was almost free. And I could feel it. Troops geared up, fighters were being fuelled, weapons systems checked. Glancing down at the capital cities map. I blink, the map was being projected by another astromech. The Ghost had left back to Yavin IV. But Sabine had wanted to stay behind. I was still unsure of what why. I would find out after we free Lothal.

"So, this is going to be our biggest problem, getting those anti-aircraft guns offline." Ryder said, pointing at the weapon batteries. Observing the area, I realise that a small team could sneak inside and disable to the weapons. "I'll lead a small team inside the weapons control station. But the team will have to be small to get in undetected. Four shall do." I said. My gaze observing Sabine's reaction.

"I see." Ryder began, his eyes gazing towards mine. "I'll assign three commandos to your command." Sabine speaks up. "Two commandos." Ryder looks at her. "I'm going with him." Ryder nods, "I'm sorry, I'll asign two commandos to your command."

Walking up to Sabine, I sigh. Now was the only time I had to talk with her before we went into battle.
"How many explosives have we got Sabine?" I waited for her to reply. My gaze falling upon the city outline. "Enough to take the whole system down." Sabine replied with a smile. I'll have to ask her now. "Alright. But I need to ask one other thing."

Sabine glances up at me. Her left eyebrow raised in interest. "Go ahead" I close my eyes. "I want to know. Why did you choose to stay here instead of going back to Yavin IV or Krownest?" Sabine put down what she was working on. Her eyes meeting mine. "Well, someone has to watch your back. Besides, you helped free my world. I'm just returning the favour." I nod.

Eyeing behind her, I spy two commandos. "Here come the two commandos." Watching the two rebel commandos. I step forward. "Glad you good make it." One commando steps forward. "Glad to make it General Bridger, Lieutenant Wren." Nodding, I glance out. "Remember, this may become a suicide mission." The two troops nod.

I moved forward, the others following close behind. Raising my hand, I signaled for us to stop. Glancing at the entrance. I notice several stormtroopers standing guard. "Alright, let's take these guys down quietly. We don't need to alert the Empire yet." Sabine and the two commandos nod. Stepping forward, I sneak round, coming up behind them, I quickly knock them out.

"Clear." I say. The three walking over. Entering the building. We slowly sneak along. Taking down anyone we can. Coming to a stop. I see serval stormtroopers run round the corner. "Rebels, get them." The squad leader yells. Sighing, I ignite my green lightsaber and take them down. "So much for not alerting the Empire." Sabine sarcastically said. Coming to an intersection. I glance down the two hallways.

"You two, head down there and cause some chaos, perhaps lift the heat of us while we do set the place to blow." I watch as the two commandos nod. "Good luck General, may the force be with you" I nod. "And may it be with you too."

Sabine and slowly walked down the hallway. Coming to a stop at the command centre. Igniting my blade, I lead the charge, slicing through the Imperial forces while Sabine plants explosives. Coming to a stop at the centre. I glance around.

"Something's not right." In an instance of speaking. The doors are filled with stormtroopers, their blasters firing at us. I did my best to block every bolt, but the number was just too great. Feeling a sharp burning pain within my shoulder, I step back before another burning pain hits my hand. Falling to the ground, lightsaber rolling away from me.

Blinking, I notice the extreme pain shooting through my left shoulder. Looking to the side, I spy Sabine crawling over to me. The stormtroopers soon swept the room with their eyes. I smiled as Sabine extended her hand out to me. Grasping it tightly. I help pull her over to me, the pain from pulling her killing my left arm.