CHAPTER 12 : Verdict

Ezra

Nothing could compare to the fear on my aunt's face. She swallowed and I could tell that she would rather dir than get close to the insane man.

I took a deep breathe and walked around the railing which separated us from the council. I approached the man who seemed to foam at the mouth and hiss at me.

"Mia!" He growled humanly of course. "You are mine." His breathe formed mist on the glass. I looked at his face as he breathed heavily and knocked his head on the glass multiple times before and council member snapped her fingers and he went stop,his eyes closing.

He twitched still to the left side.

"Could you bring the glass down?" My grandma,Josephine waved her hand slowly, her eyes watching me carefully as I moved to the side where the twitch appeared.

I placed my hand over his ear and hummed. My hair fluttered as wind picked up around me. Then I felt something against my palm. I retracted as a black centipede crawled around in my hand and rolled itself. I summoned a flame and burned the little thing with a look of disgust on my face.

The man groaned and held the side of his head.

"Blood hell!" He started with an accent,"What in the devil is going on?" He blinked and turned slowly and stared down at Mr as commotion occurred around us.

"Hey,granpa," he looked taken aback.

"I beg your pardon?" He looked utterly confused and I laughed.

"Icarus," my grandmother called standing,she herself could hardly believe it.

"Jose!" He exclaimed in joy. "Where have you been!? I had the strangest dream." My gran looked close to tears as the man she loved ran towards her. "Wait,are we in the middle of a meeting?" He questioned looking at us all. "Dang,no more milk before,bed,Jose." He chuckled sheepishly.

"Icarus?" She held his face.

"Yes,love?"

"Do you remember anything before?" She looked into his eyes.

"No,did I miss something." She sighed.

"Too much,my love." She embraced him.

"I'm sure you will explain later then."

"I believe we have a curse to lift." A man said rather happily. "I love when these things complete themselves. Adorable!" He clapped.

"Ugh,whatever,Jules."

Then I watched my grandmother climb down the council seatings and towards Troye.

"All is fair in love and war, come youth to age a love restored. A blessing I give for peace and joy. A bond forever known,now strengthens again."  And with that I was blinked briefly.