CHAPTER 6 : California

Ezra

The plane ride was long and very nauseating for me. Did I mention I hate flying,well, I do. I don't see why we couldn't get a bus, I'd rather have driving hours or even days than fly. Needless to say, I was barfing all day in the hotel.

Cody was worries and tried his best to make me feel better. It was hard seeing him so worried though. Luckily, feeling all better he and I took a shower together and got ready to see my mother.

Oh God have mercy.

"You sure you wanna go now?" We could have lunch and hang out instead. He took my hand,"We could go tomorrow. We are here for three days after all." I shook my head.

"Nah, I have too many questions I need answers too and I feel I'll go insane if I don't find out."

He leaned up and kissed me then and as he moved to pull away I grabbed his waist and pulled him close to me and stuck my tongue in his mouth. He moaned and grabbed my ass. I found myself smiling through the kiss.

"Save that for later,tiger." He mumbled as we pulled apart. I pecked his nose and looked into his eyes.

"If ever you feel uncomfortable,don't hesitate yo say anything and we will leave." I said seriously. He smiled and nodded. "Good." He pecked me and pulled me out of the hotel.

We got a taxi and the whole way I felt my nerves rise. Cody held my hand as I stared out the window. This was it. We were going to my parents house and we were going to either be disappointed, disrespected or relieved or all of the above.

"We are here." I felt the air leave my lungs then as I stared at the very home seen as the definition of dream home. It had the white picket fence, green grass and it was two stories high and a baby blue.

"Yeah." We got out and I latched onto Cody like a life jacket.

"It's beautiful." Cody said in awe.

"Yeah," I mumbled," every man and woman's dream home." Cody looked at me so I looked at him. He nodded then and I took a deep breathe.

"Its now or never,babe." He said softly. I pulled him then towards the house, I paused at the gate as an odd sensation ran through me, I shook my head and calmed myself,probably just nerves.

I rang the door bell and withing 2 minutes a woman appeared. She hadn't changed really. Her amber hair was in a messy bun which only meant that her husband wasn't home. Her pale brown eyes widened as she fixed her gaze on me. She looked down then,her brows furrowed as she pattee her purple apron.

"Oh,uh... Ezra,hi." She said rather awkwardly,her cheeks gained a hint of colour.

"Mom," I couldn't help how my voice cracked. It was still obvious how much I missed her. She looked up and her eyes shifted over to Cody. She nodded and swallowed.

"Please,come in." She said stiffly and moved to the side. Cody squeezed my hand as we entered. It was warm and smelled of chocolate chip cookies, my favourite. I was filled with a sense of longing. "Uh,this way." She is look her apron off and lead us to the living room. "I'll be right back." She left us alone.

Cody looked around in awe. The photographs on the walls and table hadn't changed. I was surprised that those I was in hadn't been removed.