CHAPTER 10 : Liar

Ezra

There was only silence between Cody and I, it wasn't awkward it was more tense but not us,more our thoughts. Out minds were reeling over the story we had uncovered. It all suddenly made so much sense.

There were still parts I wish I hadn't known,but I was glad the truth was out and now,we had to set things right.

The stone in my hand felt heavy and weighed on me quite prominently. I looked down at it and sighed. It was an onyx gem which glowed gold in my hand.

"Here,I want you to take care of this for me." I stared at the gem in my mind, feeling a headache sprout from behind my head.

"Mom,is this...?"

"Yes, I have no real use for it,but you might." After the talk we had,I had a lot on my mind. We stood outside the diner. "I know that you may never want anything to do with me after,what with how I allowed for you to be kicked out,but... I hope that every time you look at it,or use it,you know that I am always by your side."

I felt like crying but I settled for throwing myself into her arms. I had grown a bit which got me levelled with her height,so it was more like I had to bend a little so I could lay my head on her shoulder.

"I love you, mom." I told her honestly because I do. She and I never had a terrible relationship,it was actually very good,just that it was strained by a barrier between us which was Richard,her need to stay with him and our caster background.