Chapter 35

Felicity started to crack open the files soon after that, Oliver pacing back in forth on her squeaky floor boards.

"Oliver, please stop pacing... It's distracing." Her fingers flew over the keyboard using everything she knew and learned how to do. "Go get ready for the Queen's Memorial, okay?"

"There is no way-"

"Listen, when the guy in the Skull Mask kidnapped me, he knew that I spent my nights with the Hood-" she caught herself, "I mean Arrow. He knew that, and there was no denying it. Now, I don't think they know who the Arrow is, but tonight is the one night we can get this dude since I slipped in that I wouldn't be with him tonight. The Queen's Memorial is crowded, and is full of people. If I wanted to kill off numbers, then that's when I would do it. We need that cure, when are you guys gonna call to set up this meeting?"

"Well it can't be tonight, I'm one of the main hosts, they's notice I wasn't there," he said sitting down on her white fuzzy couch.

"What about Diggle?" Felicity suggested looking back at him for a second.

"He can't go but himself," Oliver stated. It would be too dangerous... Oliver needed to be there, this was his city, he needed to take care of it.

"You're right," she admitted reluctantly. She thought she could have broke the case and saved the city, but it won't be that easy. "What are we going to do?"

Oliver sighed and threw his head into his hands. Rubbing his eyes, he said, "You're right, Diggle needs to go. I have to stay there, you said they were close to finding who my identity is."

Felicity nodded, "But you just said that he can't go in alone so-"

"I'm gonna have to call in a favor with a friend..." He looked at her pulled together brow. "It's a long story, but just know that Diggle is going to be fine."

"Who are you going to call?" Felicity asked standing up and walking over to him. She knew that this wasn't an easy decision for Oliver, and she wanted to be there for him.

"An old... friend." Felicity could tell they weren't friends, there was nothing joyous on Oliver face when he thought of this particular person. "I met her a long time ago..." Oliver's throat suddenly felt like sandpaper, "Her name was Amanda. Amanda Waller."