Chapter 8

"Oliver!" Felicity said almost tripping down the steps.

"Felicity," he yelled, "What is it?" He met her by the stairs catching her arm and pulling her up straight when he was about to eat cement.

Out of breath, she said falling into her chair and sliding toward the computers, "See for yourself."

Dig walks into the room and waits by Oliver's side. Oliver was looking over Felicity's shoulder searching her face to understand the unsaid words.

Her fingers moved across the keyboard so fast she started to misspell words on the computer. She pulled up everything that she had been looking at the day before. Police reports; autopsy exams.

"I had been staring at this photos for hours and hours last night, thinking that their deaths had to be connected somehow! That they had to be a connection other than being unfaithful men, like wealth, or being politicians, being born from the same city, hair color, eye color, anything and everything."

"Okay," Oliver said, "Why is that so important?"

She pulls up a map of where all the victims were found. Little dots were formed where the bodies fell down cold.

"I'm not for sure yet, but I think the 'unfaithful man' part of the equation was a coincidence. From what I see, it has nothing to do with the people that they were, it had everything to do with where they were."

Oliver stares at Felicity's face and then the screen. "I don't understand, Felicity. All I see is where the dead bodies were found."

Felicity's mouth dropped open. "You don't see it?" Oliver shook his head. "Don't you see it?" she asked Dig.

"Sorry," he said, "I don't see anything."

She sighed and moved the picture to the white board they had in the middle of the tech room.

"Maybe," she said getting up and walking to the board, "this will help." She takes a marker in her finger and draws what look to be random lines. But they weren't random at all.

Felicity started linking all the deaths together, creating a picture of horror.

Oliver's face was serious, all joy wiped away from it.

Dig took a step closer to get a better view of what she was doing. She shut the projector off, just leaving the picture she drew - no more dots.

"Now, do you see it?" Felicity asked them.

Dig turned around away from the picture. "I see it all too well, Felicity," Oliver said dangerously.

"That's not all," she said pulling up what seemed to be a screen of the dead bodies. She cringed at the sight of them again. "I reached what 'Tri dana' means: Three days. After three days, on each of the bodies, this appeared."

Right behind the ear, as small as a burn could get, there was a little tattoo of-

"A skull." Oliver spat, "The same exact one as the map."

Felicity correct him politely, "Well, there is one problem," she said, "I think, that Count Vertigo, was in league with him, so that means..."

Oliver rubbed his eyes saying showing he was tired, "We have a new enemy."

John said, "Within twenty four hours too... This has to be a record."