Trust: The Blood on Our Hands (Pt. 8)

The conversation carried on for around thirty minutes before we settled on a plan. Violet and Hex dominated the conversation while Belladonna and I stood awkwardly to the side. I was confused out of my mind. I'm a little slower than the rest of the girls. I often felt inferior to them, they each had something special. Violet had her intelligence and leadership, Hex had her strength and power, Belladonna had her spirit and stamina.

That didn't mean I didn't have something special as well. It was a little ironic actually, considering I; the slow-wit, was the fastest of the four on foot. I wish I could have had another specialty. I was just the escape artist. The minute something went wrong, I was the first one gone. I wouldn't fight if I could help it, I hated it. I just wanted things to be peaceful again, but in a world like this there's no way that could happen. Another ironic thing about me was that I usually took my time with things when no danger was involved. I often drove my roommates crazy with my long showers and catnaps.

I turned to Belladonna, who was out of it just as much as I was. But she wasn't lost because she was slow. She was lost because she was distracted. Her eyes were focused on a single curl in the middle of her forehead. As she stared, she continuously pulled it with her thumb and index finger and then let it go, making it spring back into place. I'm almost positive she has ADHD, or at least ADD. It's a shame; she's such a smart girl. Not as smart as Violet, she was a different kind of smart.

"Okay girls. Girls? GIRLS!" Hex fussed, snapping us out of our trance, "Do you know what we're doing?!"

"Yup," Bella chided. I stared at her in awe, I was completely lost throughout the whole ordeal, and she wasn't even paying attention.

"Okay, B.D., you and Violet get working. Ivy, come with me," Hex motioned me to her. I walked up to her confused. She rolled her eyes, I glared mine back, "C'mon!" Reluctantly I followed her as we exited the safety of our apartment and into the danger of the outside world once again.

We crept in silence until we reached the building's back exit. Before, Hex and I had barged through the main entrance, but that was in panic-not to mention it was barely sunrise. The brighter in the day-the more dangerous. It wasn't until we left the building that I realized I didn't have a gun with me.

"Wait!" I gasped, pulling Hex back, "I don't have a-"

"Gun?" Hex interrupted me as she presented an extra pistol she had kept tucked into her windbreaker. I sighed with relief as I took the weapon and checked the ammunition before cocking it.

"Okay, now tell me. What are we doing?" I asked again. Hex groaned.

"Were you not listening AT ALL?!" she criticized. I just raised my eyebrow at her. After all, this is ME we're talking about here. She just rolled her eyes again as she grabbed my wrist and headed to an alley. "Okay, we're getting ALL of the money from our bank and savings accounts," she explained as she waved a slip of paper, "I have all of Violet and Belladonna's account information here. We've got to get to an ATM and clear out all of our accounts as soon as possible. Belladonna and Violet are starting to clean and pack up our apartment. We aren't leaving today, but we still have to work ahead of time to keep from leaving ANY trace of our existence behind." I nodded in understanding.

"Why not go farther than that? We could hack the ATM and get even more money! And if we take anything from our accounts, wouldn't that identify our location?" I protested. Hex stared at me in awe. Had I just said something smart?

"Shit! I didn't think that! We're screwed! We can't take our-"

"Unless we bust the machine, hack into it and take as much money as we can grab! It might be notified, but it won't give out any of OUR information," I added. Oh shit-fire! I just said something smart again!

"Err..." Hex contemplated, "that is the better idea. But how will we pull it off with out making a large sound of some sort?"

"We'll just have to be careful. It's the only option we have."

Hex nodded as she continued to swerve through the alleys with me on her heels. We silenced ourselves and kept our ears open for any noise that might pose any danger. Finding an ATM wouldn't be hard. We were residing on a college campus with ATMs on nearly every block. Once we had found one that wasn't already looted, it was only a matter of time before we would loot it ourselves.

I stood watch as Hex attempted to break into it. She found a key hole that must lead to the inside. She tried her best to pick it, but most of her attempts were futile. She had worn gloves, just to make sure her prints couldn't be traced back to us. We realized that the only way we could get into it, was to shoot into it.

We paused before we made a move. We heard a gun shot in the distance, as well as several others. Grasping my gun, I pushed Hex back. As I aimed my gun at the keyhole, I waited until I heard another distant shot before I made mine.

The shot rang for several seconds before we made our move on the money. Hex peeled back the metal pane and searched for any undamaged money. After several moments, she found a foundation of crisp hundred dollar bills.

"Score," she whispered. I chuckled slightly. As we filled our pockets with every bill we could salvage, we made our way back to the apartment. Hex grinned, "This is more than we could ever have gotten on our measly accounts alone."

"I know it, I'm a genius," I crooned cockily, flipping back my hair. Hex rolled her eyes, but kept smiling. We kept to the alleys to avoid being seen. At night, we would have avoided them, but the open is far too dangerous during the day.

We had made it successfully back to the apartment and once we had entered, the room already looked cleaner than it had the first time we came here. Once we stepped in, Violet and Belladonna were running wild trying to make the place spotless. We weren't waiting for water and electricity to run out. We were leaving tomorrow.

"You got the money?" Bella questioned while scrubbing down the table. We nodded as Hex dumped the cash on the table B.D was cleaning. She and Violet gasped.

"This-this is way more-"

"Yeah, we know. We couldn't use our information to get OUR money without being tracked so we just broke into the ATM and took everything," Hex informed, "It was Ivy's idea." I beamed as they gaped. Belladonna hugged me.

"Brilliance! Maybe you're not as blonde as we took you for!" she teased. I shoved her off and stuck my tongue at her.

"Alright, enough of that. Tonight we make our escape. We HAVE to make this place spotless," Violet ordered as she passed us each a pair of rubber gloves, "Don't leave a crumb, or hair, or finger print on ANYTHING!" We nodded as we set to work. Midway through the cleaning process, we sat down and counted the money. It came close to $130,000.

"Good God," Violet huffed after she finished counting. It was more than enough for us and we didn't even know if we would need it. If we could find a place not overrun, then we would still need cash to get through, not to mention it may be a good bribe.

"I think we're set on money, don't you?" Bella joked.

"Okay, once we've finished cleaning, we're all going looting. Not to mention we're taking all this with us, the last thing we need is to get robbed," Hex noted. We all agreed and went back to our work, knowing, that one strand of hair or one smudge of a print could end our lives.