Trust: The Blood on Our Hands (Pt. 2)

---- Here is the second part to the story. It is still in Belladonna's pov (just so you know) and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have about the "Reapers" so pleeeeeaaaassseee comment! I would LOVE to hear what you have to say, even if its a hate comment (not really, but still) If you like please vote!!!

From where I sat I could feel the vibrations and hear the rattling of the door as clear as day. I thought of the possibility of it being the same girl as before and my hopes rose, but came crashing down in a pit of agony and fear when I heard a cold, metallic click.

I was subtly jostled as the doorknob turned and the door started to ease open. Without hesitation I slammed the door back and relocked it, although it was a futile attempt considering it could just be unlocked once again. My whole body trembled as I slowly leveled my eyes to the peephole after that there was no way to stifle my scream.

"Girls!" my voice carried like a siren, "Wake up, damn it, wake up!" The whole time my eyes were still focused on the figure behind the doorway.

"What's wrong?" Ivy gasped through the bedroom doorway. Her eyes wide with worry, "Is it a..."

I interrupted with a nod of my head and in that small movement I saw all color leaver her face.

"I'm strong enough to hold him back for now, but it won't be long before he calls for help if he hasn't already done so," my voice was stronger than I had thought it would in a situation like this. It almost made me feel like I had the leadership to rival Violet's, "Wake up Arson and Blue, NOW!"

Ivy disappeared through the doorway faster than the now escaped my lips. When I looked through the peephole again a chill ran up my spine, he was smiling.

"How many are there?" I spun around to see the girls right behind me, each with a weapon of their choice. Ivy handed me my rifle. At the moment I wished I hadn't left my pistol on the floor, but it didn't matter seeing I wasn't going to be the one shooting.

"Just the one for now." A grin crept up Hex's lips. At that moment, her smile told me something words couldn't. It described everything Hex was and it scared me as well as made me smile back.

"You know what to do B," Violet nodded to me. I nodded back. I stood motionless at the door as Hex planted her feet and squared her shoulders. Holding her pistol with both hands, she released a breath and signaled me with her eyes. Violet and Ivy slowly backed away, their eyes locked on te door and me. It was obvious what we needed to do, it was all dependent on me and Hex.

"You ready?" Hex whispered. I nodded as I wrung my hands around the doorknob. My heart pommeled my chest as I watched Hex mouth the words: Three... two... one...

"NOW!" all four of us sounded in unison as my wrist twisted and I flung open the door. As soon as I did so the Reaper lurched forward in shock, but before he could collect his thoughts the gun shot rang out and he collapsed to the floor, dead.

All four of us heaved heavily, but our work wasn't done. If he called for backup, which he most likely did, they would come looking for him first. With his body laying dead in our apartment it was exactly like us each having a big ass bulls eye on our backs.

"Quick! B.D., grab his legs!" Violet ordered as she hoisted him up by his shoulders. Without hesitation, I did as I was ordered and together we staggered out of the apartment, dragging the body with us.

"Why don't we just throw him out the window?" Hex called after us. Violet shook her head.

"We're taking him to the top floor. They'll track him there and will suspect someone up there shot him and escaped.

"But the blood..." I argued, "Won't it lead to..." Then i realized, there was no trail of blood following us.

"Don't worry about it," Violet reassured me. I looked at her for the answer and soon found it, she had wrapped her shirt around the base of his head to keep the head wound from bleeding out. I barely caught a glimpse at the damage Hex had done. It was, from what I could see, a perfect head shot; right between the eyes.

"Me and Hex'll stay back and stand watch. I'll fire when they get on our floor," Ivy called after us as she reloaded ammunition in her double barrel. As we turned the corner I gelt a weight at my side. I turned to Hex's hand hooking my pistol to my belt loop. I nodded and she returned it with a half-smile.

"Hurry!" Violet hissed, swinging the door to the stairs. I groaned as we heaved the body up the flight of stair and then another flight. The whole time my ears stayed ready to hear the warning gunshot. When we reached the top floor we collapsed on the ground, our chests heaving and quivering.

"This bastard's heavy as hell," I cursed.

"Find an open apartment," Violet ordered, ignoring my comment as she pushed her sawed-off rifle towards my hand.

"Ugh," I answered, pushing myself up. I grabbed the gun and sprinted to the nearest apartment door. The door was locked but after a few hits with the butt of the gun it soon jarred loose.

"Come on!" I ushered Violet to the door. She had now resorted to giving up holding the Reaper's head in her shirt and had resolved the issue by taking her shirt completely off and wrapping his head in it. "Come on, come on, come on!" I pushed. I could feel my blook boiling and the adrenaline course through my veins. I grabbed his ankles and dragged him into the empty room. As soon as we had put him in a believable position, i unlatched the gun from my belt and dropped it at his feet.

"Wait! Give me your rifle!" I reached out my hand for the gun, "Open the window!" I added. Violet unlatched the window and pushed it open, "Now move!" Violet jerked to the side as I fired a shot out the window.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Violet snapped.

"Don't ask, just come on!" I ignored the question and linked my arm in hers and pulled her with me to the stairs, her gun in my other hand. We stumbled down the two flights and through the hallway to our companions.

"Did they come?" Violet gasped.

"We just saw them enter the building not ten seconds ago," Ivy answered.

"Get in! Quick!" Hex grabbed my wrist and sharply tugged us into the apartment. As we were pulled my eye caught a shadow in the corner, and my heart stopped. Not in fear, but in guilt. I saw the body of the scavenger, collapsed on the floor; dead.