Trust: The Blood on Our Hands (Pt. 7)

--- Dundundundun! Here's part 7 - chapter 3!!! This is in Ivy's pov now! Hope you guys like. Just so you know, I changed the title from Trust Me to Trust: The Blood on Our Hands. Thought It would attract more readers ^^ anyway ENJOY!!!

Hex and I ambled back to our apartment, leaving the man's body behind. Hex's question was still running through my mind. I wasn't an extremely religious person and I had no particular idea of where we go when we die. I believed in God, but I didn't understand Heaven or Hell. I wanted to answer, but I just didn't know how.

"All I think is that if you're good, you go to heaven and if your bad, you go to hell," I eventually answered. It was simple logic, but it sounded like it came from a five year old, "I can't really say much else." I looked at Hex and noticed an unsettling look on her face. Apparently, I didn't give an appropriate answer. "Sorry."

Hex turned to me, confused, "Sorry? Sorry for what?" My face flushed.

"For not being able to answer your question. Its a question that, sadly, I have no idea how to answer," I murmured sheepishly as I opened the door to our apartment building, "Maybe you should ask Violet."

"I already did," Hex spole as she opened the door to the stairwell, "Asked Belladonna too."

"Oh," I was surprised, and a bit jealous. How come she asked them before me? "Did... did they give good answers?"

"Yeah," Hex answered, shrugging her shoulders, "Pretty good." Now I felt degraded AND jealous. "They made me feel better," now I just felt lousy. My answer didn't seem to make her feel any better.

"Jeez, sorry I didn't make you feel better!"

"It's okay."

"I was being sarcastic."

"I know," she winked at me, "So was I." Now I felt stupid. I wanted to say something that would make her feel better, or at least more confident. Then I thought of something. I just hoped it was the right thing to say, and that I could find the right time to say it.

Just as Hex was turning the doorknob to the stairwell, I whispered to her, "Well, even if we do go to hell, at least we'll go together." Hex turned and I stared into her amber eyes that flickered like flames. A smile tugged at her lips, but she kept it from spreading too far before she turned again and mounted up the stairway. I grinned, following her. Our feet clapped and thumped against the stairs for two flights before we met the doorway onto the second floor. That's when Hex paused. I bumped into her clumsily and staggered back. I looked up at her in confusion. Hex was about a foot taller than me, even though we were the same age. She turned, and then I could see tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

"Hex?" I asked but was interrupted by an abrupt hug around my frame. Startled, I let out a small gasp. But then wrapped my arms awkwardly around her in return.

"Thanks hun," she whispered in my ear before ending the sudden hug and turning once again to open the door to the second floor. Now I felt good. I felt right. I hoped I could've said something else, but decided not to push it. Once we made our way back to our apartment, we opened the door to a concerned Belladonna and a confused Violet.

"I'm guessing Belladonna explained everything?" Hex inquired. Once we had made Violet's attention, the confusion in her face vanished and was replaced with determination.

"Vaguely, but that's not what we need to worry about here," Violet rambled. I was confused. What do we need to worry about?

"What?" Hex asked for me.

"As soon as water and lights go out," Belladonna cut in, repeating what I had heard earlier today. Or last night, considering it was already a new day.

"We need to think of a plan to get our asses out of here without getting them caught."

"We need to think of a plan to escape."

--- Well, that wasn't very long, but I need to go to bed now cuz I got swimming in the morning and if I don't my mom's gonna have a cow. Anyway FAREWELL!!

Comment

Vote

Fan

Eat Cookies

- EvilRaccoonBabies