Trust: The Blood on Our Hands (Pt. 4)

---- Ok! It's part 4!! Yay!!! And now its in Hex's pov. The character of Hex is actually loosely based on my friend, Moira. I love her ^^ You don't mess with Hexy. Belladonna is loosely based on me. Violet is based on my friend Kylie and Ivy is based on my friend Sarah. Although they aren't EXACTLY like my friends, they do have their similarities. I love each of them just the same.

[Chapter 2]

I always new that eventually we girls had to split. It wasn't until Belladonna collapsed that it really came into effect. It was now six in the morning, a good half-hour since the Reapers left. Oh how I hated them. Reapers. They belong to the organization B.D.M.S or Break-down of Malicious Systems. The term Reaper is really a pet name we use for them. The more proper term might be Searches or Seekers, but Reapers stuck.

Reapers are pretty much just people that look for other people for the B.D.M.S. The usually have either one of these three things in mind when looking for people like us: recruiting, questioning, or killing. Mostly killing. If you're lucky, a Reaper will attempt to recruit you or take you hostage. I didn't know that at the time. If we had known we'd probably have given ourselves away, but with us together like we are now, that chance is long gone. Not that I would want to give myself away anyway. Even if given the chance I would fight to the last breath. I'd rather be dead than be a part of their blasphemous organization. 

"Violet?" I murmured to my friend and wrapped my hand around hers.

"Hmm?" She locker her eyes into mine as she stroked my hand with her thumb.

"We're going to hell aren't we?" the thought had haunted me since the day I killed my first Reaper about four months ago. Violet's eyes widened in surprise. 

"What? Oh, of course not!" she shook her head and pulled me to her, "What ever made you think that?" My throat got sore and my eyes burned.

"Look in the mirror sometime and you'll see. We're murderers, we're thieves, we're liars," I burst. My voice shook as did my chest, "We're bad people, we've done bad things. How the hell are four bitches like us gonna get into heaven?" I felt close to tears when Violet pulled me into her shoulder and hugged me tightly.

"We go to hell when it freezes over," she whispered in my ear. I cried silently into her shoulder and I knew she did the same because I could feel droplets falling on my back. We stayed that way for several minutes, just crying into each others' shoulders. Just the two of us. Belladonna went unconscious at the door after the Reapers left. We were worried something was wrong with her, but we soon turned to the possibility that she was just exhausted. I picked her up and put her on the bed and Ivy curled up with her soon afterward.

Once I remembered Belladonna I pushed myself away from Violet and turned to the bed. Worried that her breath and heartbeat might be irregular, I stood up and walked to the bed and hovered over the spot where she slept. Gently I pushed my index and middle finger just below the far right side of her jaw to take her pulse. As I counted her pulse I watched her breathing. Slow and monotonous; healthy. I sighed in relief and brushed the frizzy mess she called hair out of her face.

"Ever notice that when B.D. sleeps she looks at least ten years younger?" I muttered to Violet to break the awkward silence.  

"As if she didn't look young enough when she's awake," Violet answered me.

"Or acted young enough," I teased. Bell, quite simply, was a spaz. She hardly ever kept still and when she did you knew she was either hurt, or constrained. She even flailed in her sleep, yet surprisingly, tonight she stayed eerily still. It was unsettling to see her so motionless, it almost made me want to pinch her awake.

"She's just tired you know," I looked up to meet Violet's deep blue, ocean-like eyes. The were filled with contentment, while I was sure mine were filled with concern, "Your fussing is just going to waker her up."

"I'm not fussing! I'm just..." I stopped as I saw Belladonna stir. Violet gave me a look that said "I told you so," but Belladonna soon settled after turning on her side. After that the silence crept back and violet and I didn't exchange any more words after that. When the silence got too awkward to bare, I stood up and went to the kitchen to find something to ease my growling stomach. I could feel my period starting, and the last thing I wanted to think about was cramps. When I looked at the counter I grinned. Belladonna had made a pot of coffee. It was already halfway gone and cold but I drank it anyway, thankful it wasn't decaf. I re-entered the main room with my coffee along with a cup for Violet as well. When I walked back in I could see Violet was drifting and I banged the cup on the table and she jerked up in surprise.

"Drink up, Sweetheart," I grinned at her. She grimaced back.

"Thanks," she replied half-heartedly.

"Not a prob, hun." We stayed that way, just sitting and exchanging words as we sipped room-temperature coffee in reused plastic cups. Our conversation carried on till Ivy stirred awake.

---- Well, that's part four. Not quite as action packed at the last chapter was, but at least you get to know a little bit more about the Reapers as well as some of the characters. I hoped you liked ^^ Again, not one of my more exciting parts, but this pretty much gives you an idea of what their everyday lives are like without the Reapers around. Don't you just love the Reapers? Such wonderful people.