Chapter Eighteen

Author's Note: Alrighty guys! Quick Update. Sorry for long time of not being on wattpad, haileyrm and I have been doing nothing but school! I'm just here to let you know that all of this is a VERY rough draft and that when we finish we will go through and edit and redo everything, and then do that again. This is nowhere near a final draft because I mean, look at the first few chapters. Anyways, enjoy chapter eighteen, vote if you like it, comment with critiques and praise Written  by moi and edited by Hailey. (:

OH, ONE LAST THING! See that banner over there? -----------> please feel at anytime to make banners/cover or what not for this story! We LOVE it when our fans really get involved! Give it a shot!

Taryn

The sun was brightly shining into my window as I woke with tired eyes. For the first time in a while I’d managed to sleep with no dreams or nightmares but instead just falling asleep and waking. I was still completely exhausted, but fully-rested despite it.

Then, as I began to stretch my cramped muscles, I noticed something different in my surroundings.

When I had laid in bed the night before, I had literally fallen onto my mattress, already asleep before I could think to cover myself with blankets. And although I had fallen asleep with no covers, a thick comforter was tightly tucked around my physique, radiating a warming heat.

"Ladon?" I wondered aloud. Bringing a cautionary hand to my head, I sat up quickly to survey the room.

No one was in the room but me.

I quickly decided that I must have pulled them around myself while I was sleeping. I shook the covers off of myself, hastily grabbing for the glass of water I always kept at my bedside. Yet, instead of just a clear glass of warm water, I was greeted by a whole entire plate of steaming food and a fresh glass of cold milk.

Something told me I was dreaming, but I knew I wasn’t. It just felt too good to be real.

Rubbing my eyes gently, I pushed the rest of the covers off of me and stood up. I stretched my back with a deep breath until I heard a satisfying ‘pop’. It felt like a no-worry morning already.

Having little pursuit for eating on a stomach that wasn’t hungry, I decided to settle for a piece of bacon and half of the glass of milk. It might have been staying up late, or maybe just the fact that things had gotten so strange lately, but I hadn’t had much of an appetite for quite some time now. At least, not since Atira and Nate arrived. I’d been focusing so much energy on taking care of them that I think my body has gotten used to my schedule of eating whenever I have the time. Which is maybe twice a day.

I pushed the tray away at my fingertips, having no craving for breakfast. Then, putting both my legs and arms in front of me, I stretched until the weariness withdrew from my muscles. I leisurely pulled my hair from my face and wobbled over to the door, entering the hall.

I could immediately hear the other three talking away in the kitchen. Aside from the refreshingly blinding sun and hot breakfast I’d been mysteriously served, I decided that hearing them was the best thing I’d experienced since I’d woke. It was that ‘For once the mood in the house isn’t grim’ feeling.

“Good morning, Taryn.” Atira was smiling while sipping on the edge of a warm mug she cuddled between her palms, “Ladon made breakfast.”

I hugged the doorway, “I saw.” My lips gave a half-hearted smile.

I was happy to see them in a good mood, but their sudden mood change was starting to make me compensate the situation. Just the night before, no one wanted to even look at each other. The grocery store and hospital incident had everyone austere. I couldn’t understand why no one was in a state of shock. It was like nothing had even happened.