Chapter Eight

Hey guys, I know I've never done an author's note, but i just wanted to really apoligize. I'm so sorry we haven't been uploading chapters as fast as we did the first couple. It's just because our school work (Hailey and I go to the same school and have all the hard classes together) is piling up and were really trying to elaborate and let you guys understand our stroy to a full understanding.

Again, super sorry. We're trying our best. Hailey hasn't edited this so I'm a little ahead on the chapter uploading then her, so she'll probably have hers up by tomorrow when she gets my message.

Also, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN. my goal is 85 votes and 850 reads by Chapter Nine!

Thanks, Caitlin xx

oh ps. i chose Syndicate by The Fray as a chapter song because it was partially inspiration while writing. I love the song too, hehe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------<3

Taryn

I guided Ladon into the house, hugging tight to his stomach. Something was wrong with him, but I decided not to push it. One thing I’ve learned with Ladon is that if he is having troubles, its better not to force him to tell you and just stay close instead.

“I just want to lie down.” He said with a pale face. All I could do was nod and pull him into my bedroom.

“Do you want me to stay with you?” I asked, moving the sheets so that he could lie on the bare mattress. He reluctantly sat onto my bed, inhaling deeply.

“I don’t want to get you sick,” He apologized, “Thanks though, T.”

I nodded understandingly, gently placing myself on his lap. I leaned up to his soft cheek and placed a light peck on its center. He smiled with gratefulness as I forced myself to stand.

Walking from my room, I made a last minute decision to leave the door open. I didn’t need him to be steaming hot when he was sick.

Nate was partially asleep in the living room when I walked back in. His body slumped forward and was leaned diagonally on the armrest. Although his eyes were shut, they snapped open at the quiet sounds of my feet walking.

His sudden jumping made me squeak in fright. “Just heading to get some towels!” I blurted, jumping half way across the room.

“Its fine and my apologies. Didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Me neither.” I said quietly, looking at the carpeted floors while pushing my feet towards the guest bedroom.

When I opened the door, I found Atira rubbing her eyes. Her body was trembling with light shivers and she had one arm pulled across her stomach. “Oh,” She said, blinking her eyes, “Hey.”

I waved, tossing her a pair of sweats and a t-shirt that matched my own. She eyed them like they were foreign from where she came from.

“They’re pants.” I told her, hoping she really didn’t know what they were so I wouldn’t sound dumb. She gave me a look that meant she was still confused and I returned it with sympathetic eyes.

“I know,” She says quietly, “But it’s improper for girls to wear them in my country.” Her eyes darted away once she said the last part. I tried to do the same, looking elsewhere without turning my face.

“I...” I was at a loss for words, with nothing to say. What do you say to a girl who you aren’t sure if she is your sister or not? I don’t even know if she’s my twin. I’ve got no clue how old she is. I don’t even know her. Yet, I somehow know she’s a part of my bloodline.