Chapter 16 : Let Go

[ A/N : Hi guys. We're 4 chapters away from the end of 'Enraptured II' ]

                                         >>><<<                             

"JingYu, he can't just appear out of nowhere after all these years and expect us to welcome him with open arms." Chang stated on the night of the day that JingYu's father visited.

JingYu remained silent as he was in the middle of texting WeiZhou.

"You know you had no obligation to cater to his request?" Chang added.

JingYu looked up from his phone. "I wanted to."

Chang stared at him curiously.

"I want to get to know him. He revealed a lot of things." JingYu added.

"Like what?"

JingYu went onto explain everything that he was told by his father except for the part about his half-brother.

"Why are you so quick to believe him?" Chang questioned.

JingYu blinked. "I just do."

"You trust him over your mother who raised you alone?" Chang asked with widened eyes.

Suddenly JingYu's phone buzzed as he received Weizhou's relpy. "I'm in my underwear."

It took so much effort for JingYu to keep a straight face during this serious conversation with his uncle. He swallowed hard. "It's complicated." He said when he realized that his uncle was awaiting his response.

'Didn't you say you were gonna do guitar practices?" JingYu sent his response to Weizhou.

'I am. ;-)' Replied Weizhou.

The image that conjured up in JingYu's mind made him swallow hard. His uncle was saying something, but at this particular moment it was merely background noise to him although he was staring directly at the man.

"..........this additional distraction." the last part of Chang's response brought back JingYu's attention.

"Distraction?" JingYu asked guiltily.

"Yes! Another distraction is the last thing you need right now. His timing is awful."

"..No I texted him first." JingYu replied immediately.

"What?" Chang frowned.

"What?"

It took only a few seconds for Chang to realize that the person his nephew was talking about was not his father.

He stood up and spoke before leaving. "Find me when you're done flirting with your boyfriend."

JingYu opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out.

                                               ******

Before they knew it, the Summer vacation came to an end and they were back in school. Every time Weizhou ran into Liang, he'd walk past him pretending not to have seen him. This happened for a several days before Weizhou finally decided to confront him.

"Dude what the hell?" He stood directly in front of Liang in the school hallway one morning.

Liang watched him with a blank expression. "You need something?"

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No I'm not... Why should I be mad at you for being honest." Liang responded calmly.