Chapter 9 : The Showdown

Weizhou had refused to meet JingYu the previous day after the call. Even today, it took a lot of effort from JingYu to get Weizhou to meet him.

JingYu kept sending text after text.

"Please Zhouzhou. I need to see you."

"Just for a minute"

"I need to know what's wrong. Help me understand."

"I fucking miss you."

Even though his heart was still in pain, Weizhou finally typed a reply. "Meet me at our spot at 6"

********

When Weizhou got to the top of the tank, JingYu was already there waiting. He instantly got up and approached Weizhou.

Weizhou was stiff when JingYu wrapped him up in a warm embrace. He felt JingYu's moist lips on the side of his neck slowly moving upwards towards his lips. But Weizhou ended the kiss the very instant it started. He placed his hands on JingYu's chest to gently push him away from him.

"I came here for us to talk JingYu." Weizhou said avoiding JingYu's eyes.

JingYu slowly nodded, "Okay..but I can't stand it when you're standing so far away." He got closer again. He then took Weizhou's hand and led him to sit down next to him."

"Tell me what happened." JingYu squeezed his hand.

"Why are you hiding things for me? Are we together only to make out?"

JingYu stiffened. "Is this about school?"

"When were you gonna tell me that you're way behind again? You told me you were gonna get back on track!"

JingYu looked away. "I said I'd try."

"Did you?"

"Yes!" JingYu withdrew his hand.

"What happened?"

"I did try. But Zhouzhou it's not what I want. I have no interest in school or college."

"Why?" Weizhou asked in confusion.

"It's not for me okay!"

"What are you interested in then?" Weizhou inquired angrily. "Modelling?"

JingYu's eyes suddenly shifted towards Weizhou.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Weizhou managed to contain his anger.

"Who told you?" JingYu's focus on him did not waver.

"That's your concern?"

"It's not modelling exactly. I just did a few photoshoots." JingYu hesitantly admitted.

"What kind of photoshoots? If it's just a few, how come it's been taking up the majority of your time?"

"ZhouZhou-"

"Don't I have a right to know when my boyfriend is being photographed in ways for other people to lust after?" Weizhou was furious.

"Please listen to me." JingYu reached out. "It was really just a few. I was busy cause I work at the studio now."

"How would you feel if I did a couple of photoshoots too? Would be nice to have some extra pocket money." Weizhou mocked.

"Fuck no! I'll kill anyone who dares to even suggest that to you!" JingYu gritted his teeth.