Chapter Five: In the Morning

Elwen was asleep on a table. Aparently either she had drunk more after Aragorn had gone, or she didn't have a room to sleep in or couldn't be botherd to go to it. Or all three. He gently shook her shoulder to wake her. "Elwen? Wake up it's quite late"

She blinked and glared at him. He grinned at her "You probably drank to much last night" he was pretty sure elves didn't get hangovers but she didn't look too good. Somehow he couldn't work out what exactly was wrong with her though.

"I'm okay"

He decided to take that at face value. "Alright. Want to get some breakfast?"

"No"

"Aren't you hungry you ate nothing last night?"

"No"

She seemed to have returned to the monosyllabic version of herself. Aragirn decided to act fast before she stopped talking at all."Nor am I, do you want to go for a walk? Some air would do you good"

Why did he keep saying there was something wrong with her?!

"Alright"

Technicaly that was still only one word. But it was a word of agreement which was good. He helped her to her feet and walked out of the large doors, supporting her.

"I can walk on my own"

"Oh, um, sorry" he let go of her but kept hold of her hand. She didn't object.

She looked at him as they walked out."Wht are you doing?"

"Um, we're going for a walk"

"I know. But why? And why did you dance with me last night?"

Aragirn struggaled to come up with a sensible answer to that. "Because it's not fair for you to be sad or alone"

She let go off him and span around to face him almost yelling "I'm not alone! I have Legolas!"

She sprinted of before he had time to object or try to puzzle out what she seemed to think was going on.