Chapter 11

Kat

Three months later...

I screamed as the searing pain ran down my back. Sean ran out of the room to grab help. A few minutes later, doctors and people came back to help me and calm my screaming as much as they could. Sean ran around to the side of my bed and grabbed my hands to steady them. He leaned in and kissed me to silence my screaming. Next thing I know, the skin on my back rips and wings sprawl out of my tiny body. No more pain. Everyone stares with awe. They were beautiful. They were black and the feathers flapped in the breeze blowing through the window a doctor must've opened. I could feel them. I have an extra limb with no idea how to use them. I look around, shaking with nervousness and energy.

"I...is this supposed to happen? Is it supposed to be physical?!" I'm frozen with only the ability to open my mouth. The doctor smiled at me.

"No worries sweetheart. It has been physical before but no one has gotten wings. And might I add, those are some mighty fine wings." She turned to look at Sean and me.

"We'll leave you two for a day then we have to be back tomorrow to help you with control and other stuff like that. See you tomorrow." With that they gathered their things and left the room. Sean wandered out of the room and it took about two minutes before he returned. I looked up and blushed.

"You wouldn't mind if I asked you to help me and make sure I don't do anything damaging with these wings. Would you?" He chuckled making my face heat more than it already was. He sat beside me.

"Sure but as long as you don't go too far and towards more fragile things." I rolled my eyes. "And I'll make it my job to help you with the mating ceremony for Serena and Kale coming up, wouldn't want you to miss that."

"Mating What?" I'm lost.

"Mating ceremony. Did you not learn this?" I shook my head. "Well, have you ever heard of the legend of Mating werewolves?" I guess it's a good thing I had a werewolf phase awhile ago.

"Yeah." He let out a breath and I could see the wheels turning in his head, as he tries to figure out how to explain this.

"So it's kinda like that. Once you get powers it lets us get the physical feelings of our one and only true love that we couldn't feel when we were normal, I guess. Unless one person is not an SPH, we get these markings that are like tattoos up our arms and then you can speak to each other through your thoughts. They can't read your mind though. Anyway the tattoos are a symbol of the other person. Serena's marking appeared and there was a cloak on her arm. The cloak represents Kales invisibility power. Then Kale got the tattoo of flowers and plants to show Serena's ability to control plants and things like that. Then they are also able to heal one another like it was their power. It's pretty cool actually." As he reached to touch my face my heart pounded and my fingers became sweaty. Could... nope just a coincidence. Just feeling a bit more lust then usual. I heard the door bang open.

"Holy S. H.I.T!!!!!" Sebastian. Footsteps pounded down the hall until they reached the outside of my door. Sean lowered his hand and I felt lost as soon as he did. The door opened and in jumped Sebastian, Jared, Haden, Georgie, Rugger and Quinn. Sebastian immediately got to the point.

"Like OMFG!!! I cannot believe you got your powers! Not only that you got wings! Like beautiful, gorgeous, fantabulous wings! Girl! I am so, and I mean so, damn Jelly right now!!" I chuckled. Jared and Quinn gave me wide, good job, smiles. Haden, Georgie and Rugger came to my side. Georgie looked up into my eyes.

"Can we touch them?" You could see the pure excitement and curiosity in her eyes. I smile.

"Sure!" They all ran their hands through my feathers. After a few minutes they finally pulled away but Rugger just kept staring.

"Wow!" They laughed. Sebastian turned to me.

"When I got my powers I was like I can freeze and kick open a locked door but now you can literally fly where you want to go. F.L.Y!!! It like..." he made an ice cube in his hand and dropped it to the floor. "Like that." My body started shaking and it became a freezing temperature.

"Sebastian stop with your powers. It's getting really cold. Like really cold!" Sebastian raised an eyebrow at me then looked around the room as frost began to coat the walls. His eyes widened.

"It isn't me." I gave a hollow chuckle.

"I mean it Sebastian, stop it. Not joking." He looked me straight in the eyes.

"It. Isn't. Me!" I looked around the room and found everyone huddled on my bed and in my covers. Sean grabbed the phone on the wall and dialled the emergency number for the building. Less then a minute later doctors came into the room with blowtorches and heated equipment. They attempted to melt everything but it kept getting colder. The smaller kids cuddled up to one of my wind and Sebastian, Jared and Quinn cuddled to the other in hopes of warmth. I felt an urgent need to cuddle close to Quinn, I followed my instincts and calmed slightly. Finally doctors came in with sedation serums. They wandered to Sebastian first just in case he was unconsciously doing this. Next went Jared, and now it was my turn.

I turned away and looked at the sleeping children in my wings. They fell asleep before the doctors came in so we knew it wasn't them. I felt a prick in my bicep then the world became fuzzy. I laid down so that if anything happened I wouldn't fall. Soon the world swirls black.