Peaceful

Thunder rolled as Edmund and Demetria sat by a fire. He was winding clean strips of cloth around her hands as she watched the look of concentration that was on his face. Every time his fingertips brushed against her skin it sent shivers down her spine. Silence was king as he worked until he tied the cloth off with a sigh. Yet he didn't release her hand but held it in both of his as he looked to her.

"It is not your fault." He whispered and she frowned.

"Must we talk about that?" She asked and he nodded,

"It's not your fault and you need to remember that." He said, "Whether or not you had said anything, Peter would have done it. He is about as movable as a rock." Demetria smiled.

"Okay." She nodded. Edmund smiled back and lifting her hand, brushed a kiss against her knuckles. A blush spread across her cheeks. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close against his side. Watching the flickering flames, Demetria rested her hand against his shoulder. It felt so safe there, warm in a way that didn't just come from the fire.

"Ed," She muttered as weariness began to seep in, "Is now the time for what you wanted to tell me?"

"Not yet," He whispered as she felt him kiss the top of her head. "Not yet." His voice was the last thing she heard before drifting off to sleep.

#

Peter walked through the whole underground, searching for his younger brother in the numerous makeshift rooms of the complex. So far he had searched about half the base with no sign of Ed. Peter passed by a room, just glancing into it as he did so and froze. Backing up, he looked into the room. In the light of dying embers, he found Edmund. Peter pressed his lips together as he studied the picture, he had warned Edmund, but yet here this was. Edmund was sitting against the wall, legs stretched out in front of him and an arm around Demetria who was curled up against the boy's side. He had seen Edmund on nights after a battle, and every time over the years he looked uneasy, but this time, he looked peaceful. Peter's eyes flicked to the girl. It was still difficult to see how she could be Miraz's daughter. She spoke like she had been taught how and respectfully too, but she was also timid at times. He didn't understand it. She wasn't hateful, and when he had seen her lash out, she apologized for it. Not to mention the fact she looked nothing like Miraz with blonde hair and vibrant green eyes. Susan passed by and Peter grabbed her arm. She looked to him, opened her mouth to say something, but stayed quiet when he nodded to the two sleeping in the room.

"Oh..." She muttered after a moment, Peter nodded,

"What are we going to do about this when we have to leave?" He whispered, "I doubt she can come with us, and if they are as close as they look..."

"It will crush them both." She finished and he nodded. They both looked to Edmund and Demetria sadly. It was a new sight for them both, neither of them had ever seen Edmund show any interest in girls, yet here he was with one from Narnia no more than a week after they got back. Was this bad or good?