Disagreement With Peter

Demetria chewed on her lip as she pulled the heavy thread through the holes in the leather. Somehow she had ended up with the job of repairing the makeshift armor. It was heavy in her hands, and more than once she had poked herself with the needle.

"Knock knock." Demetria didn't bother to look up at Edmund and didn't say anything. He sighed, "Demi, can you please stop avoiding and ignoring me? You haven't said a word to me in the past two days."

"What's the point?" She snapped looking up at him as tears began to fill her eyes. "You'll be leaving with your brother and sisters sooner or later, leaving me behind and if you do come back it will over a hundred years after I die!"

"That's why you're acting like this?" Edmund asked crossing over to sit beside her on the bench. She nodded slightly, looking down at the leather in her hands. "Something Peter said?"

"Something I said and I meant." Peter appeared in the doorway. "Look I am sorry to both of you, but I am trying to help."

"And crushing my heart helps how?" She asked standing. "Do me a favor Peter and just shut up."

"High King Peter." He said meeting her gaze and she turned it into a glare.

"Remind me," She crossed her arms. "Didn't Caspian call you for help?"

"Yes." Peter said "And-"

Demetria cut him off, "He called you for help. Not to put you on throne." She glared as tears began streaming down her face, "You know, if I wanted to kill myself I would climb to your ego and jump to your IQ."

"No if you wanted to kill yourself all you would have to do is visit your father." Peter snapped and she blinked, falling silent. The anger that had filled her was crushed. Without saying anything she marched out of the room, fully aware of what she had to do. Behind her, Demetria heard Edmund speak.

"Low blow Pete, real low."