|6| Fire Extinguishers

Emily's POV:

"Harry!" I dropped to my knees next to Harry's lifeless body and checked for his pulse. He was still breathing, thank goodness. And so was Benny. They weren't bleeding anywhere as far as I could see. What could have happened? Something was definitely wrong here. And where's Katie? "Katie where are you?" I stood up and walked over to the car but she wasn't inside. The caserole dishes she was carrying out to the car weren't there either. Suddenly I realized I could be next and need to look out for myself. I didn't see anyone around. Where was Niall and Louis? Aw, man...my safety could possibly rest in the hands of Niall and Louis. This is bad. I ran back into the gym, passing Harry and Benny. I felt weird leaving them on the floor but I needed to get help. I reached to open the back door and ran right into Niall and Louis.

"Thank God I found you guys." I panted, trying to catch my breath.

"What's wrong Emily?" Niall put his hands on my arms.

"Harry and Benny are unconscious outside and I can't find Katie."

"What?!" Louis walked past me and straight to the front door and Niall and I followed him. He kneeled down next to Harry like I did. "Harry? Harry, wake up." Louis slapped him on the cheek but he didn't respond. "I'm gonna call for an ambulance." He pulled his phone out of his pocket. "Crap, there's no signal." He stood up and raised his phone above his head, trying to get even a weak signal.

"Of course, that's just our luck." Niall pulled his phone out of his pocket as well. "Don't have one either."

"Guys, we need to find Katie." I looked at Niall and Louis.

"I shouldn't have left her alone again, I'm so stupid..." Louis looked more scared than I'd ever seen before and he brushed his hand through his hair nervously.

Just then the back door flew open and Katie came running in.

"Katie?" Louis ran up to her and she fell into his arms. "What happened, love?"

"I don't know, I was walking to the car and someone came up behind me and covered my mouth." She spoke into Louis' shoulder as he held her in his arms.

"Shh, it's ok." Louis stroked her hair, trying to calm her down.

"I think he was trying to pull me to the back of the building. I didn't get to see who it was. I kept kicking him until I got away."

"I think I can guess who it was." Niall said seirously.

I looked at Niall. "You think it was..."

"Hello." A man greeted us from the still open back door that Katie had barged through.

You can guess who it was.

My father.

No one spoke for a moment but then Niall broke the silence. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry for scaring you Katie, I thought you were Emily." He walked closer to us and Niall grabbed my hand. "Is no one going to say anything to me?" He sarcasitcally laughed at us. He really acted more like a psycho serial killer than I remembered. He walked over to Katie and Louis. Louis still had his arm wrapped tightly around her and he was giving my father a death glare. He was really having trouble not letting him have it. "I see the bruise on your arm is healing nicely, Katie. Hope you learned not to argue with your elders." He started walking away from Louis and Katie and closer to where Niall and I were standing.

"You bastard." Louis mumbled, causing him to walk back over to Louis and Katie.

"What did you call me?"