Chapter 29 - The Shocking Truth

CATALEYA

Kanina pa ako nababahala sa ginawa niya eh. Why would he want to talk to my sister? What could he possibly want from her? Baka tinatakot na naman niya ang kapatid ko ah! Pero bakit? Para saan? I don’t like this feeling, not one bit!

Kaya nang makita kong bumukas ang pinto ng study room niya ay agad kong ibinilin kay Riel si VAN at lumapit ako sa kanila. I pushed Vaughn inside and turned to Lily.

“Lily, kayo na muna ni Riel ang bahala kay VAN. I’ll just have to talk to Vaughn,” I said then I joined him inside, closing the door behind me.

“Anong pinag-usapan ninyo ha?” agad na tanong ko sa kanya ang maisara ko ang pinto.

“I just offered your sister a job in my company. I already told you about that, don’t I? And sadly, she refused it... for now,” he said truthfully.

“What? Why?” hindi ko alam kung para saan ang tanong ko.

Hindi ko inaakala na iyon ang isasagot niya. Sa totoo lang, wala sa hinagap ko na iyon pala ang pakay niya kay Lily. Sabagay, he already told me that he’ll give her a job in his company. I know that his company is the best architectural firm in Asia. I wonder why Lily refused his offer.

“I asked her the very same question, but she said until she became the top-notcher in the licensure exam, she won’t accept my offer! I was really shocked when I heard her say that, but I was really impressed with her. I love her youth and tenacity. She is every inch like you!” nakangiti niyang papuri kay Lily.

I was very flattered by his compliment at hindi ko naiwasang mag-blush dahil sa sinabi niya.

“Thanks! I’m very proud of her, you know! She’s the best baby sister anyone could ever have,” may pagmamalaking sagot ko sa kanya.

“She’s that great because you are great. You guided her well. You should give yourself more credit than that,” pagpuri niya sa akin and I can’t help but blush.

“I love it when you blush! Makes me wanna kiss you more and more!” he whispered in my ear, nibbling its edge, his arms drew me closer to his body.

“Stop it, Vaughn! They are just outside. You can’t get horny in times like this. Save it for later, okay?” saway ko sa kanya. I shocked myself with what I just said. It made me sound so eager to please him, but deep inside I know that I just wanted that... to please him with the best way I can.

“Sabi mo iyan ha? Walang urungan!” he said excitedly as if we’ll going to do it for the first time.

“Haler! Excited much?” biro ko sa kanya.

“Of course! I’ve been celibate for almost a week due to unfortunate events,” sabi niya sabay sulyap sa akin.

“It’s not my fault! Blame it on Raqz!” natatawang sabi ko.

“Yeah! Blame it to the poor woman. Ikaw ang dapat na sisihin sa mga nangyari. Sinabi ko naman sa iyo na huwag na natin silang isama eh, mapilit ka lang talaga!” palatak na paninisi niya na may kasama pang pag-iling.

“Okay! Sige kasalanan ko na, matigil ka lang. Laging ikaw ang panalo. Ano pa nga ba ang magagawa ko?” I said with resignation.

“You know I am always right, right?” pambubuska niya.

“Right!” sagot ko na lang, ayoko nang makipagtalo. “Let’s go back to them if you don’t have anything to do here. Mahirap na baka mamaya sugurin pa tayo ni VAN dito. Since malapit na rin namang mag-ala sais, I’ll see what’s up for dinner.”

“You know, you don’t have to do that, chérie. We have people here to do that. You’re not my slave in our house!” pagbibigay diin niya. “By the way, I’ll have somebody come over here from the agency to be your personal maid,” pabale walang sabi niya na parang ordinaryong pangyayari lang ang magkaroon ng personal maid.