Chapter 22 - Utter Disappointment

VAUGHN

I’m a total idiot! I shouldn’t have said that to her! How could I be that mean to her?! Arrrgh!

I’m utterly disappointed with myself. I can’t believe I said that mean things to her, but I didn’t mean to hurt her. Maybe I have gotten overboard with my reaction back there. I don’t know why I said those things. I really don’t want to have a child of my own. We never discussed it before but I knew what I want. I want a wonderful life with my wife with no child of our own. And with that recent argument, it made me somewhat remorseful... dreadful.

I busied myself by calling off Cindy, my secretary, for tomorrow’s unscheduled check-up. I want to make sure that Cataleya will be properly looked at. I want to make sure that we didn’t made a mistake, a mistake that I will surely regret.

“Cindy...”, bungad ko sa aking secretary.

“Sir, bakit po kayo napatawag? Gabi na po ah! Is there something wrong?”, nag-aalalang tanong niya.

“I want to ask you a favor.”

“Anything for you sir! As long as kaya ko pong mai-deliver.”, maagap na sagot niya.

“I want you make an appointment with the best OB-Gyn in town tomorrow morning.”, agad na utos ko.

“What for?”, nagtatakang tanong niya.

“For me, of course! Kelangang patingnan ang matris ko!”, sarkastikong sagot ko.

“What?!”, gulat na sagot niya.

“Cindy! Common sense naman. Syempre hindi para sa akin. It’s for Cataleya.”, naiiritang sagot ko. “Have her enlisted for tomorrow morning. I also want you to get Charms to man your station. You’ll be accompanying her for her appointment. Then after that, you can go with her anywhere she pleases.”, I instructed her.

“Sir, paano po ang expenses?”, atubiling tanong niya.

“Of course, charge sa personal account ko. I’ll let her use my card.”

“Sir, kahit po mag-spa kami? Sagot ninyo rin po ang para sa akin?”, excited na tanong niya. If I know her, which I really do after working for me for several years now, I bet her eyes are twinkling and she’s grinning like a cheshire cat.

“Oo na, leave with pay at sagot ko ang lahat ng gastos ninyo bukas. Basta samahan mo siya sa OB.”, naiiling na sagot ko.

Matinis na tili ang narinig ko kabilang linya. Inilayo ko na lang ang ear piece sa tenga ako dahil panandalian yata akong nabingi. After a few seconds of her mini shrieking fest, I tried to talk to her.

“Cindy, is it over? Ang sakit sa tenga ng tili mo. So, is it on? Willing kang samahan si Cataleya maghapon?”, paninigurado ko.