Chapter 17 - Lost and Found

VAUGHN

I know that I was being an asshole... acting like a lust-filled teen-ager that can’t control his raging hormones. Well, that part was very much true but I’ve only done it intentionally to distract her, to stop her from worrying too much. But who am I kidding? I did that ‘coz I really, really, REALLY missed her. Chancing ba! I know, it’s really immature of me, but what can I do? My every fiber of my being wanted to be close to her, feel her body heat next to me.

But shit! Nothing is going my way! All is freaking messed up!

I let out an irritated groan against a spot on her soft skin when she swats my hand that was grazing on her forearm.

“Shissh! It’s just an innocent touch, chèrie. Nothing more...”, reklamo ko sa kanya.

“There is nothing innocent in your touch, Finnel.”, she whisper-yelled in my ear. “Tigilan mo nga muna ako! Pwede ba?”

“Just relax, malapit na natin siyang makita. Maghintay lang tayo ng konti pa.”, I calmly said to her when I sensed her starting to panic again.

“I just want to find our baby! Vaughn...”, she said with pleading eyes, glistening with unshed tears.

“We’ll find her soon, trust me!”, pang-aalo ko sa kanya. I turned her face towards me. “Don’t ever cry, chèrie... please...”, I whispered to her then hold her even tighter. “Everything will be all right.”, I said then kissed her forehead.

“Sir, all the cameras are now working. All systems are up and running!”, masayang pagbabalita ni Henry sa akin.

“Vaughn! Thank God!”, bulalas ni Cataleya.

“Good! Scan all the areas that we haven’t seen.”, excited na utos ko.

Wala si VAN at si Dwayne sa lahat ng videos na nasa screen. Lahat kami nagtulong-tulong na para suriin ang bawat video. Tahimik ang lahat na pinapanood ang bawat screen nang biglang nagsalita si Cataleya.

“What is that?”, usal niya.

“What is what, chèrie?”, takang tanong ko naman.

“That!”, sabi niya sabay lapit sa isa sa mga screen at tinuro ang bagay na nakita niya. “This! What do you think it is?”, tanong niya ulit.

“Hmmm...”, tanging na nasabi ko sa pag-iisip kung ano nga ba iyon. “Henry, zoom in to that thing. Medyo malabo eh!”

“Right away sir! Zooming in!”, sagot naman niya.

“Hmmm... It looks like... like... like... a tub of ice cream! Ice cream? ”, gulat na sambit ko.

“Right! And I bet that it is VAN’s! Which means, she’s around there... somewhere!”, excited na sabi niya. She was jumping up and down, clapping her hands out of joy. “Where can we find this place, Henry?”, she asked with so much hope.