In love with My Stepson?

After a restless night, I finally slept around 7 am, just to be waken up with splashes of water coming from the pool. I opened my eyes slowly trying to register what was happening, when I heard Kristen's squeals and more splashes.

Slowly I change my clothes and went downstairs to see why she was by herself at the pool. She knew how to swim, but I told her that she should be with me or Carol all the time. Reaching the double glass doors who lead to the pool I heard another voice and even if I hadn't see him last night I would recognize. Blake was playing tag with Kristen inside the pool and making my baby sister look like she was the happiest kid in the whole world.I stopped and watched the scene, almost forgetting that this was the same Blake who treated me worse than dirt a couple of hours before. I couldn't understand how a person can change so much in a short period of time. Snapping out of my admiration I reach to the pool end and called Kristen.

"Kate!! I'm wining! I tagged Blake 5 times and he only tagged me 3!! Can you believe it? I am the super tag girl!" She squealed again and went to the other end of the pool running away from Blake and his laughing 'threats' that he would reach her and pull her with him to the bottom with him. When he saw me, he stopped for a second, looking in my direction and locking eyes with me and for a moment I didn't see anything around me, just Blake and that feeling was so unfamiliar to me that made me so uncomfortable that I forced my gaze away from his eyes.

Carol came with some refreshments and told Kristen that it was time to her have some snacks because she was inside the pool the whole morning. I loved that woman. Kristen complained a little bit and I promised her that she could come back when she finished. She smiled at me and jump out of the pool not before making Blake promise that he would wait for her.

When I turned around to get inside the house, Blake called my name with a tone that I didn't recognize, mostly because he never used a civil tone with me before. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and turned around.

"Yes Blake?Do you have more insults in store for me, because I'm telling you that I'm not in the mood." He shook her head, not turning his eyes from me and came closer.

"No Kate, I want to know if what Kristen told me is true."

"What did she tell you?" I wasn't worried about what she told him, after all she didn't know much.

"Well, she told me that she used to live in a big house with a lot of kids, that she hated and missed you all the time, but you went to see her everyday and promised to take her with you when you could and you did when you moved here." I took a deep breath and looked at him. For the first time, his guarded eyes were showing something else than hate.

"Yes..its true. My mother died when I was 20 and I couldn't raise her by myself and we didn't have any other relatives,so she went to an orphanage. She hated that place, I hated that place but I couldn't do anything because I couldn't raise her by myself until I prove to the Government that I could take care of her. Now I can. End of history." I should tell him about the rest, about his father and out 'deal' but he didn't deserve to know anything. But his mind had other ideas. He was looking deeply at me with a question mark in his face. I knew what was coming.

"So..that's why you got married with my dad? to take your sister out?" His voice was gentle yet hard. I didn't know why, but I forced myself to not wonder why.

"Yes Blake. I met your father at the diner that I worked, we became friends and he wanted to help me. So he offered to marry me to help me get my baby sister back and I couldn't take any more day without her, so I agreed. You have no idea how they treated her there. She cried all the time and it was making miserable. I couldn't take anymore so I accepted. Now you have a REAL reason to call me whatever you want, but I don't regret for a minute Blake, because I have my only family back." I looked up and didn't realized that we were so close together, until he reached and dried the tears that fell from my eyes with his thumb. His face was unreadable. I took a stop back and I just knew that my face was red as a tomato.I heard him take a deep breath.

"Kate, I won't do that to you. I..I..I just thought that you were exactly the same type of woman that I've been going out and that you just wanted my father's money.How in the world a beautiful and smart woman like you would marry my father, twice your age? I can't tell you how I regret now. I'm so so sorry Kate. If I knew.." I cut him off with the angry that rose inside of me " You what Blake? you wouldn't call me a cheap slut a gold digger? Because I can remember everything that you told me and it hurts so much! I'm not that kind of person and I respect your father! You just took one look at me and assumed that I was all those things!"

"I know Kate! And I'm so sorry! I spent my whole life around people who only wanted succeed in life no matter what took it and I mistaken judged you. I shouldn't have and I disrespected you in so many ways..I am so ashamed of my behavior Kate, please, forgive me. I'm not that person and I can prove to you.I want to be friends. Can you please forgive me?

He was looking at me with pleading eyes, holding my hands in his, sending a warm sensation trough my body and making my knees a little wobbly. His eyes were deep and glassy, almost as he was holding tears, but my eyes were so full of tears that I figured it was probably my own eyes making me seeing his face like that.

"I'll try Blake, I know that you didn't know anything, but you should asked me, besides Kristen loves you;I don't know why, but she does, so we can try to have a civil relationship because I want my sister happiness more than anything in my life."

Blake smiled at me and gave me a tight hug, before let go and jump in the pool again. I was a little shocked by his forwardness and went back inside with a smile on my face and one thing on my head:

Blake thought that I was beautiful?

#

Hey Guys!

What your thoughts about a Blake POV? Let me know!