In love with My Stepson?

Hey there! I just changed the name of the story..liked better!

Here's the new chapter, I hope you like!

~~~~~

"Kate, will you marry me?" WHAT???

"Marry you John? John, I do like you a lot but John, not THAT kind of like and I don't want to pretend that I do just because you can help me with my sister.." He smiled and took my hands.

"I know that Kate. I'm not a kid and I know that you don't see me that way. I'm not stupid. I've been trough many blond bimbos to recognize an gold digger when I see one. I'm doing this, because I like you as a person.And i want to see you get your sister back." I was beyond confused. What person would offer something like that without having anything to gain? Maybe him; maybe I was too beaten up from life to believe in good hearted people. i couldn't think clear. It was too much to process and I needed some time to clear my mind.

"John, I need to think about this...I mean, you are an amazing person a great friend and I can have Kristen back; but I can't truly trust that you won't be gaining anything from this." He laughed and sat back at the chair.

"Of course I'll gain something Kate.." There. I knew...there's always a price to pay "I will have a trophy wife, exactly how they expect me to have one. i don't care for that though, but will be nice to have some company throughout those boring dinners and social functions" huh? company? seriously?

"Are you serious John? You need a wife just to escort you to social functions?" I had to laugh with that. He laughed again and said in a serious tone.

"No kate, I don't need a wife, I just want one, and someone that I can trust and rely on. I can't see a better person for the job can you?" wow, just wow...I didn't know what to say so I just nodded and looked at him stunned.

"I'm not going to rush you. Let me take you home and you can think about it. Give some days and answer me okay?" He stood up, took my hand an lead me out of the restaurant.

"Okay John, I'll think and give you an answer." we were inside the limo going back to my 'home' when he said the most incredible thing and what was bugging me a lot too.

"Kate, I'm not asking you to marry you, to have a playboy bunny inside my home. I'm doing it to help you out and I'm not going to demand any kind of intimacy with you. I just want to make myself clear." Relived. I was seriously relived to hear that. I couldn't help but think as disgusting having sex with a guy who could be my dad and that thought was extremely disturbing.

"Oh..okay" He must've seen the look in my face, because he smiled at me, leaned in and kissed my forehead, softly.

"I bet that I just took a heavy weigh from your shoulders huh?"

"Y..yes..I mean, It's not you, it's just..weird.."

"I know beautiful, No pressure, no rush." We reached to my house and he driver came and opened the door for us. John help me out, gave me a smile and kissed my hand.

"Good night Kate, we''l talk soon. Think about and give me an answer." I smiled at him and hugged him. I couldn't help. Here was this powerful men trying to help me out looking for nothing, well, almost nothing back from me. He was a true friend.

"Thank you John. For everything. Even if I don't accept the proposal, I just want to let you know that you'll be always special for me, because of your huge heart." I fought back my tears and went inside. I had a lot to think about.

The next day at work I was extremely distracted by a million thoughts, and Janet noticed. I was taking my break when she came in the back, sat on a stool and looked at me with expecting eyes. Janet was an amazing woman. I swear she is a little bit psychic too. Every time I had a problem or something was bothering me, she knew. I loved her as a mother. She was 37 and she was my only friend and confident.

"So Kate doll, what's bothering you so much?" I didn't know if I wanted to let her know about last night.

"Nothing Jan, I'm fine, why?" She scoffed and smiled at me.

"Kate, are you serious? You messed with Dr. Brown's order and we know that he comes here at least once a day and eats blueberry pancakes with syrup on the side, and you send him scrambled eggs!" Shoot! I can't believe it that I messed this order so bad. The guy practically lived on the diner! I sighed in defeat. She had me there.

"Okay Jan, something happened last night and I don't know what to do." Her face light up with expectation with the new gossip.

"What?! Tell me everything! It was with that amazing middle age God who's coming here a lot lately am I right?" See? psychic.

"Yes, but not exactly what you're thinking." She looked at me confused and signed for me to continue.

"Well, we became great friends and I told him about Kristen and he offered to help me get her back." Jan jumped from her seat and hugged me tightly.

"Ohh doll! this is amazing!! He's rich and he can land you some money!!"

"No Jan, I'll never accept money from anyone and you know it." She always offered money to help me but i always turned down. She looked at me confused until I saw realization crossed her mind.

"Wait! Don't tell me that he.. he.."

"Yes..He proposed to me and I don't know what to do! He told me he wanted to help me with Kristen and he likes me for me because I'm real and not like those blond bimbos he used to have. He even said that he wasn't proposing to me to have a playboy bunny inside his house. He told me he wants some company around the house and the dinners he has to attend to, like a trophy wife." She was sating at me with wide eyes and her mouth hanging open, she closed her mouth, took a deep breath and said:

"Well, what are you waiting for?"