In love with My Stepson?

I spent the next week thinking about my decision, freaking out with the consequences until Saturday, the day that I usually see my baby sister.

When I got to the orphanage, she was a mess. Her huge brown eyes were red and puffy, her curly honey hair tangled and messy, her clothes dirty and full of wrinkles...I wanted to kill someone! Seriously? Who the hell does that with a 11 year old?!I hated that place, I hated how they treat the kids, as if they were nothing, just a problem.

She came to me crying and hugged me saying how much she missed me and how much she wanted to go home. My heart broke in tiny little pieces, knowing that I was powerless; I was a freaking nobody and I couldn't help my baby.

"Hey baby girl! What happened? I thought you liked here" I was almost crying myself

"I..It's okay I guess..but I want you Ka, I don't like the ladies here. I want to go home! Home with you! You promised Ka, you promised!!" She started to crying and running towards the rooms, breaking my heart all over again. At that point I had made my decision.

Later that day, I called John and asked him to meet me at the diner before I left for the day. He came and waited for me in the parking lot. When he saw me coming he opened the door for me smiling slightly.

"Hey Kate, I'm glad that you called. I almost thought that you didn't want to talk to me anymore." I smiled at him and hold both of his hands.

"John, I needed to think...and I did" I never thought this would be so hard to say "I will marry you John. I'll be honored to be your friend, your w..w..wife" I stuttered the last part, feeling a tight knot in my throat. John was fully smiling now, but gave me an sympathetic look.

"Kate, don't worry about anything. I'll make you the happiest person in the Earth! I promise you that you'll have Kristen back and she'll have everything that you ever wanted for her! I just want you by my side." He kissed my hand. It was nice and comforting.

"Thanks John, for everything. I promise that I'll try my best to be perfect for you." He laughed, kissed my hand again and said: "You don't need to try hard beautiful.Let's talk about dates..what about a month from today sound for you?" What? Only a month?

"Er..a month? to plan a wedding? D..do you think is enough time?" He laughed grabbed my hand "Kate, we don't need a big wedding and I have a huge award ceremony to attend in a month so i wanted to attend with my lovely wife and if I remember well, you told me that they're trying to adopt Kristen. we should act faster than them and get the custody back." He was right. Why wait more?

"Yes, you are right. A month it is. But I don't want anything fancy, just a couple of people please. I never wanted to have the big wedding with the big dress and lots of people"

"I'm sorry Kate, but we have to...I am the CEO of the biggest franchise company in the US, they expect me to have everything big, with people, press and the whole thing. I'll hire a wedding planner in the morning and you won't have to lift a finger okay?" Definitely not what I though about my dream wedding, actually I've never thought about my wedding period but just thinking in big full wedding dress, bridesmaids, speeches, made my body cringe.

"Oh..okay" I said lamely.

"It's settle then. In a month we will be the happiest couple alive." I don't know why, but I doubt it.

A month has passed and janet was in bliss. It almost look like she was the one getting married, not me. My guest list was just her, some other people from work and Kristen of course. John had invited almost 300 people. I was getting nervous with all the attention I was receiving. I hated to be the center of attention. Kristen was excited, super excited. She was the flower girl and she was living with me for two weeks now. We would move to John's house right after the wedding. We won't have honeymoon because he had to close a important deal and I just wanted to spend every minute possibly with my sister. I've never been in John's house. He said he wants to surprise us with the rooms and decor. I didn't care for any of it, so went along.

The wedding was pompous like a celebrity should have one and I was glad that we were at the party already. John was God knows where to talk business and I was talking with Janet and watching Kristen play with other kids. The sigh of her made my heart melt in happiness.

"Baby girl, what a wedding huh? Everything it was a dream! You must be so proud!" Janet was beaming excited about the colors and dresses and what not.

"Oh..Yeah I guess, I'm happy for Kristen though. She's really happy Jan."

"Yes! I can see that! You did the right thing Kate, besides John is a gorgeous man! You're lucky to have him." She sighed dreamily looking at his way.huh?

"Janet, I don't like him like that. But he's a great man and I'll be forever grateful"

"Hey, with a man like that sleeping by your side every night, I doubt it that you'll be able to resist him girl. I know that I wouldn't." I laugh, but didn't tell her about the non sex part of the agreement, that was too much information. If I was right about anything it was that I wouldn't want any intimate contact with him or any men for that matter.

I felt a pair of hands around my waist and was pulled out of my thoughts by John, when he kissed my cheek wanted me to meet someone.

"Honey, I want you to meet Ryan. Ryan, this is Kate my wife. Kate, this is Ryan, he's filling in for Blake who couldn't be here today because he's back in Italy closing some deals." I smiled to Ryan and noticed how gorgeous he was. like a hot actor mix with the boy next door. He smiled back with some weird look and reached my hand.

"Nice to meet you Ryan. I hope you like the party" he laughed again thinking that I said something funny. What I have no idea. "Hello Kate, is a pleasure to meet you. Is a great party. I'm sure Blake would love to be here, but he's engaged in other commitments." I saw the look that Ryan gave to John, but I choose to ignore. Ryan left after being introduced to me and John left a loud sigh, looking tired.

"Are you okay John?" he gave me a sad smile."Yes honey, I'm good. I just want to know why exactly my son didn't come to his father wedding. Sometimes I don't know what to do with that boy." Huh? I thought he was in Italy?

"I thought he was in Italy? Doing business?" John left an bitter laugh and said; "Maybe in Italy, but I don't know in what kind of business. Blake is a little rebellious."After hearing John's words I started to feel some nauseous feeling, the same one that I felt when one of my mom's boyfriend broke up with her. The same one that I knew it meant trouble.

"Anyway, are you ready to go home?" Ready? I didn't know But I smiled and hold his hand.

"Sure."