In love with My Stepson?

I woke up with an uneasy feeling. I couldn't point what it was, but I was walking in my toes.

I went to Kristen's room thinking that maybe something happened with my baby sister but she was sleeping peacefully in her bed surrounded by stuffed animals that John had bought for her.

I was officially Mrs. John Reynolds for a month and everything was going smoothly. I didn't like to go to all those dinners and business parties with him but as he said after I complained once: "Kate, I have to show them what a beautiful spouse I have, that's why we came honey." Yep, trophy wife indeed.

I was fine with the title, but hear people calling me names was brutal. I heard people calling me gold-digger and other 'kind' names. Nobody but Janet knew the real reason why I got married with him and I didn't regret one second; I was the happiest person alive just because I had my baby with me and seeing her happy worth all the name calling. He kept his word and we didn't have any kind of intimate contact. We just slept on the same bedroom for the employees sake.

John went to a business trip for two days and was supposed to come back today. I was trying hard t manage the mansion, but thank God I had Caroline, the governor. A middle aged woman who helped raise Blake and knew everything that John liked and disliked; she reminded me much of a loving caring mother and I liked her a lot. Kristen grew attached with her too and she loved us. She was family already.

The only person that I didn't even know was Blake. I didn't see any pictures of him around the house or in John's office. He was never around and rarely called the house. I spoke with him only one time and it wasn't the best of the conversations.The phone was ringing and i didn't wait for the maid to answer, so I just picked up:

"Hello?"

"...." Silence..but heard some breathing on the other side.

"Hello? Anybody there?"

"Oh..Hello, May I speak with John please?" The voice was deep and low, almost if the person was angry and holding back.

"Sure, may I ask who wants to talk to him?"

"Tell him is Blake, HIS SON." I gulped and got a little nervous, he was mad. But why?

"Oh! Hi Blake, How are you? This is Kate. It was to bad that you couldn't make at the wedding. I hope to see you soon." He was family right? I had to treat the guy well.

"Yeah, Where's my dad?" And that was it. Our only conversation. Sometimes I wonder if the hostile behavior is only towards me.

"Kate, Honey?" John called me from the bottom of the stairs. I was upstairs with Kristen, helping her with all the scholar supplies that we bought earlier for her school. She was so excited, her eyes were full of happiness! It was amazing!

"Kris, I'll be back okay? John needs me." She smiled at me turned back to the sea of pens, pencils, notebooks and what not.

"Hey John! I'm up here, hold on!" I made a run downstairs to a glaring John.

"What happened?" Then I remembered...he hated when I started to run around like a kid. Hey! I loved to go up and down running.

"Kate, what I told you about running around? You just like Blake! Just walk like a woman." I turned out after the glare. But for my mind's sake I smiled sheepishly and said sorry.

"Okay, just don't do it again. I need to talk to you about something important." That got my attention because of his tone; I knew it he meant business.

"Something happened? You look serious." He led me to one of the living rooms of the house and sat me at one leather couch.

"Nothing happened. Well, nothing serious, but I want to talk to you about it"

"Sure" I was getting that uneasy feeling again. I didn't like at all.

"I closed a huge deal in the city this past days and I need someone to be on the details for me, because he company is extremely busy this time of the year." Okay?

"Okay?" Where's this going?

"Well, I asked Blake to take over the negotiations for me and I want to keep an eye on him, so he'll be staying here with us." It that all? I was almost having a heart attack over nothing!

"Oh..sure John, your house is big enough for an army; your son will be welcome here."

"Thank you honey, but I need to talk to Blake yet. He wanted to buy a condo here, but I don't want him leaving all by himself for a while. That boy alone will get me in trouble and I don't want my name on the tabloids." Wow..Blake was a troublemaker?

"That's fine for me. He can stay here."

"That's settle then. I'm going to call him and inform about the conditions. God knows where that boy is right know." John sighed and walked in his office direction.

Caroline overheard a little bit of the conversation and came with a huge smile on her face, hugged me and said:

"I can't believe Kate! Blake will stay here?"

"Yes, Carol, apparently yes."

"I must get his former room ready! I can't believed! I love that boy and I missed him so much!" She saw my blank face and add "Kate, you will like Blake. He is a lovely young men. Kind, humble, love to make new friends! You guys will have a good relationship, I can feel it!" After that Caroline went back to the kitchen almost jumping in excitement, preparing everything for Blake's comeback.

That feeling came back with full force and the only thing that in my mind were Caroline last word's: "You guys will have a good relationship, I can feel it!"

How am I supposed to have a good relationship with someone who for the looks truly despises me?