In Love with my Stepson?

Today was the first day of school for Kristen. She was so excited! I made sure that she got everything and I felt so happy seeing her like that!

"Kate, do you think I'll make friends?" She looked at me with big puppy eyes and the question was a stab in my heart.

"Of course baby! you'll have tons of friends! why you're asking me that?" I was truly curious.Kate looked at me with sad eyes.

"The lady in the big house told me that I wasn't pretty to have friends and because I didn't have mom or a house, nobody would like me.That is true Kate?" I was so enraged with the orphanage and the people there! How could they tell something so cruel to a child?!What kind of person does that?

"Kris, you are smart and pretty! You do have a house baby! You live here with me! I am your family! Mom is with the angels in heaven and this is not a motive for you not to make friends okay?" I embraced her trying to show all my love for her. I was feeling so guilt for letting her leaving in that place. I knew I was without options but I was guilt nonetheless.

My life was slowly getting back in track. I was working in the Diner, but I was going to start college soon, so I would have to quit. John loved that I was going back to school, because he would remind me everyday that now I was a married to a powerful businessman and I couldn't be seen working as a waitress.

I had just got out of the shower and was finishing getting ready when John called me downstairs.

"Hold on a second! I'm finishing here!" He usually came home a little later than that I thought, maybe something happened?

I went downstairs and John was waiting me at the bottom of the stairs. weird.

"Hey honey. We have company for dinner." Okay. That was the fuss.

"Hey John, It's okay. Caroline always makes more food." He gives me a look that said 'I have money and I don't care about food' Excuse me for worry.

"I know Kate, but I want you to greet the guests." Oh..

When he barely finished the speech, Ryan comes from the kitchen with a beer in hand and a playful smile on his face.

"Oh! Hi Ryan! How are you?" This guys is puzzling me. He always looks like he's thinking something perverted.

"Hey Kate girl! How's going?" I don't know why, but I had a feeling that I will like him.

"I am great! Preparing for college, enjoying my baby sister..did you meet her? she was having dinner a minute ago" He sits on the couch in front of me and smiles a nice real smile.

"Yeah! She's so cute! She really looks like you. She told me that I was 'preetyy' and that I looked like her doll." I had to laugh at that. He definitely could pass as a doll.

"She's a creative child. I have to say." We started to talk about nothing special when I heard someone coming from the kitchen. When I heard Kristen Laugh I stand up ready to hug her when I stop dead in my tracks seeing a person that I never saw before with Kristen in his arms. I was stunned. He was tall, with dark hair that curled up in the end, some hair was falling in his forehead; his eyes were dark and the intense way he'd watched me was sending an alarming shiver up my spine. He wore a white dress shirt that fit him snug across his wide chest where it was tucked into a dark faded jeans. The sleeves were rolled up his forearms and he'd strapped a watch to his wrist. His whole body screamed sexiness. He was gorgeous.

"Hum..Kris? What you doing baby?" Who was this guy and how Kristen warmed up so fast with him?

"Hey Ka! This is my friend Blake! He is aunt Carol son!" I almost fainted right on the spot. THAT was Blake?!

"Oh.Hey. Kristen, it's time for bed baby, go brush your teeth and go change, I will tuck you to bed in a minute." Blake put her on the floor and she went running upstairs passing John and Ryan without a second glance at them.

"Ahem, so honey, this is Blake, my son. He'll be staying with us for a while until we finished the new contract.Blake, this is Kate, my wife." I was feeling anxious and had that same uneasy feeling running through my body again. I hated.

"Hi Blake. Is nice to finally meet you." I tried to keep my voice calm and controlled, but he had me pinned in his stare and was really uncomfortable.

"Hello Kate. Nice to meet you too. So how does it feel?" He had an smug look on his face. I was confused.

"Feel what?" This guy is drunk or something?

"How does it feel to be a trophy wife, how does it feel to be married with a men twice your age, how does it feel to be a gold digger?" I heard all those accusations before, but coming from him, hurt twice as much. I tried to hold back my tears and started to answer him when John cut me.

"Don't you dare talk to my wife like that Blake! You in my house and I demand respect!"

John was fuming and glaring at Blake. Blake was glaring back, then smirked and turned to me.

"Oh you're right. I am sorry Kate, my apologies." He didn't mean for one second that apologie. And I felt an intense feeling to make him change his mind or at least set him straight.

"Look Blake, you're welcome here, but I am not going to tolerate disrespect. You don't know me and I don't know you, you don't have to like me and I don't have to like you, but you will treat me with respect." I glared at him and saw that he was taken by surprise with my outburst but he glared back and then smiled.

"Sure. I don't have any intentions to be around long and definitely any intention to like you." Caroline came to announce the dinner and saw the tension on the air but didn't say anything; Ryan was quiet but I saw when he shakes his head for something. John was still angry, but didn't say a word after my defense and for a second I thought that I saw him with a smug look. I didn't have any appetite left, but I wouldn't give the pleasure to this spoiled brat and leave the table, proving him that he had affected me.

After dinner, I went to sleep; but only one thing was in my mind and I hated. That night the last thing in my mind it was Blake accusations and how did that hurt me.