Chapter 12: Thirteen hours earlier

Sun blazed in the sky causing the air rising from the hood to ripple from heat. Laughter filled the interior as I created new lyrics when I forgot the real words.
His eyes met mine as a love song came on and my voice died in my throat cheeks heating up.
We trundled up the drive both still embarrassed, or more me embarrassed him grinning devilishly.

"Wow okay this place is huge." I stated gapping at the mansion/palace/castle/pack house thing. Only to find a large man waiting for them when they first pull up to the pack house. His teeth are bared and his eyes burn with anger.

Luke stiffened anger flashing across his face and he was out of the car before I could even register the mans hair color. I hadn't even unbuckled but yelling was already echoing through the glass.
"You planning on telling me you were leaving to go to the village?" Snarled the man as I opened the car door. "In a war-"
"This isn't war! I knew-"
"Clearly, Not!" Snapped the man. "I arrive to find the pack disorganized, and you off Lolligagging with a chick! I told you I'd picked out a suitable!"
"I choose who I will be with and I chose her!" Snarled Luke now looking as dangerous as I'd ever seen him.
"Uhhh..." I took it as a bad time to intervene but to get to the door where Troy and Axel was standing meant walking through the two men.
"Oh really so you'd leave you're pack defenseless and without an alpha-"
I turned my eyes on Luke as he roared their shouting intesifying about pack duty and being alpha. And in that moment it clicked.
"You're Lukes dad!" Both sets of pitch black eyes turned on me even as Troy and Axel signaled for me to shut my mouth.
"And you're the little bug my son has decided to bandy himself about with." Scoffed the man sneering at me, I felt ice drop down my spine but also anger flash through my chest. "Pathetic."
"Dont you say that about her!" Luke roared placing himself between us.
"Don't disrespect me boy." Growled his father and this time it was clear by the tone of voice and his bristled body this wasn't a father son arguement his father was going to strike. "I am al-"
"I!" Barked Luke "I-not you am Alpha. We decided that fight long ago."
Luke's father glared at his son clashing his canines.
"Do not disrespect me boy not for this leech! I chose a mate for you, Alpha Lincoln's daughter is of pure lineage, she will finally Seal your fate as the true-"
"I told you before I will not go through-"
"On that phone call? Oh yes. Throwing away everything for some worthless street whor-"
Luke bellowed in anger seizing his dad by the front of his shirt and toss him into the car. There was shattering glass and the breaking of metal even as Luke shifted. My eyes catching a glimpse of something brightly colored around his wrist.
"LUKE NO!"
Several things happened at once Luke's father crumpled to the ground coughing, Troy and Axel raced forward and I threw myself at the giant wolf lunging for the throat of the withered sick old man.
Luckily for me I landed both arms around his head and neck covered his eyes as I yelled for him to stop.

A snarling roar erupted from the giant black beast as he threw me off. I was already leaping to my feet even as I hit the ground.

"NO!" I was between them in an instant. Luke stopped short even as Troy bellowed my name. The giant wolf before me snarled baring its teeth at me, the hair on his body raised, ears pointed backwards.

"What are you doing fool?" the wheezy cough from behind me only steadied my trembling hands.

"Luke." he snarled snapping his giant teeth right in my face making my wince, but I stayed where I was. "You don't want to do this."

Luke roared the red flecks in his iris's burning like wildfire as he tried to side step me, however I moved with him.

"Its not worth it Luke. Back down."

Luke roared in anger at me and leapt to the side but I kept my body between his and his father. He lunged and I jumped only to have him roar and narrowly miss my arm with his teeth. He slashed at me with his nails, and ripped my sleeve making my heart skip a beat in fright. He was going to kill me to get to his father. But...