Chapter 11: Not Yet

This had taken me much longer than I'd anticipated, it was almost time for Axel to check in. If I didn't move now everything would be revealed and I'd never get the chance.
Slipping the knife I'd stolen from Chrissy's room into my belt, girl had a serious knife collection, I scooped up the sat phone and book bag filled with snacks and clothes, plus my old rain coat. My hiking boots were water proof and great for hiking so they'd be perfect. All I had to do was get to Nans, take the car and I'd be on the way to finding Luke. When Axel checked in I'd be able to get more information on the matter, Id just have to convince him to let me take a message for the others so that he wouldn't catch on to me running away. Hopefully Troy didn't have a fourth Sat phone.
I could hear voices outside and my heartbeat quickened. I needed to move now.

——————————

"She's in here." Said Troy hurrying along the hallway, a look of anxiety and worry on his face.
"I can't believe she drugged you." Mumbled Chrissy half angry half impressed.
"That's what happens when you deal with a Luna trying to reach her mate." Reminded Chris. A growl reminded them all of their objective.
"Aurora it's-" but even as Troy shoved both doors open he stopped open mouthed.
Standing out on the balcony was Aurora one leg braces on the railing a rope made of bed sheets leaving her hands and falling over the side to the ground several stories below. She gazed right back at them with wide eyes caught in her escape Sat phone sticking out of her backpack beside her boot clad feet.
"WHAT ARE YOH DOING?!" Troys face with the color of tomato soup but she didn't even hear him.
"You ass!" Faster than any human she was across the room arms flung around his neck as a growl of relief and irritation left his lips. Tears were pouring down her cheeks as she clung to his neck. "YOU-BIG-STUPID-IDIOT-YOU-FLuffy-big-idiot." She sobbed.
The others all smiled tiredly at each other even Troys anger melted away upon seeing her break down like this. Everything had been worth it.
The shift from wolf to man was normally a few seconds but, this time it was over in the blink of an eye.
"I told you I'd be back Aurora." He murmured into her neck. This just made her cry harder and cling to him even more.
"You stupid idiot! Luke!" The others took this as their cue to leave pulling the large mahogany doors to the bedroom shut once again.
For a moment the hallway was only filled with their footsteps as they all moved away before a high shriek and crashing sound echoed from the closed room.
"WHY ARE YOU NAKED!?!"
Yep everything was back to how it should be, they'd all be able to finally get some rest.

—————————

"You should get those looked at." I mumbled eyeing the wounds spattered across his broad chest and back.
"I will after this." He rumbled refusing to let go of my waist. For once I wasn't complaining. I needed this too, which was also terrifying but at least now I didn't feel lik I was drowning in my own lungs.
"No Luke now-what if they get infected?" I reminded him yet again. A furious scowl leered over his face.
"I said no."
"And I said yes! So sit down!" Time apart seemed to have done us marvelously. We had spent the last twenty four hours at each other's sides sleeping, aside from a thirty minute briefing of the other members of the council, literally just sleeping until now That is.
"I-"
"I'll take care of them just sit!" Luke glared at me and I glared right back until finally he relented stepping back and sitting down on the toilet. He'd already pushed me pretty far considering he'd insisted on sitting on the bathroom floor as I showered, though I'd made him wear a blindfold. Then threatened me into doing the same for him though I had been allowed to leave the blindfold off. (I wore it anyway and covered my ears for good matter too it was humiliating to be in there like that).
"What are you going to-" Luke jerked as I poured hydrogen peroxide on a particularly nasty looking bite mark on his wrist.
"Still hurts huh? I'd thought maybe the soap from the shower would have numbed it Sorry." And for once I did feel sorry as I gently dabbed at the cut. I wasn't any doctor but hopefully this would help. Besides from what he'd kept telling me-
"It's fine werewolves heal faster than humans it'll be gone by tonight."
Sure it will. I thought grimly wrapping his wrist in guaze.
"You don't have to do that I'd rather leave it open to the-"
I smacked his other hand as he reached to stop me, causing Luke to snarl instinctively at me, but I just glared at him.
"And let it get infected or scar? I don't think so mister!" I scoffed ignoring him and continuing to rewrap the marks. "You can be as tough as you'd like I'm going to take care of you whether you approve or not. And if the guys are going to tease you or call you unmanly for taking care of yourself hit them." Luke stared at me as I went back to a cut on his bicep now trying to clean up the edges before decking into the puncture.
"You've changed." He murmured but he didn't sound disappointed.
"I haven't changed, I've merely gotten used to you."
Luke's deep chuckle filled the marble bathroom as he finally relaxed.
"Guess I'll have to up the anti won't I?"
"There's nothing you could do or say right now that would make me run from you." I replied as he growled in pain. "This needs stitches, I'll clean it for now but you need to go to the hospital or something by tonight. And none of that it'll heal, you're the alpha you need to be in peak condition. Especially if you're going to try and scare me with something new."
I could feel Luke watching me as I worked on his injuries but he didn't say anything. He seemed to be deep in his own thoughts. Probably trying to figure out how much I could take in of new information, or maybe... a happier voice in my head spoke 'Hes thinking about where to take you this weekend.'
It was only as I reached the cuts on his abs that I got embarrassed. Aside from one scar on his back his torso was flawless hard muscle. Perfectly defined and sculpted, not an ounce of fat on this boy, unlike myself.
Heat rose to my cheeks as I dabbed at a scratch right above the waist of his pants.
"Are you blushing Princess?" For some reason his rumbling voice sounded strained frustrated and I glanced up at him through my lashes. Luke's eyes were filled with so much heat I suddenly felt weak and warm all over.
"Get up that's enough." But Lukes clipped tone shocked me even as he dragged me up from my crouched position.
"Wha-you're still injured-"
"If you play nurse for even one more second with that look on your face I'm taking you right here," I found myself floating in his arms unaware of how I'd gotten there. "Right now!" Luke's growl in my ear sent shivers up and down my spine and set my heart pounding in my chest as he suddenly pinned me to the wall his body the only thing holding me up as I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist.
Luke let out a tortured moan as I grabbed at his shoulders afraid he'd drop me.
"Aurora," his voice was filled with a strained warning as his lips and breath caressed my skin.
"S-Sorry! I didn't mean too-" my face must have been red as a tomato, heart pounding the flight of the Valkyries in my veins. I quickly lowered my legs and Luke tensed for a moment.
The Half pained half wanting heat in Luke's expression as I unwrapped my arms from around him, nearly made my mind go blank and through caution to the wind, he looked so hot I could feel my own body temperature rising. His abs were so smooth so hard against my body, my fingers danced their way up to his sharp jaw tracing the edge before cupping his cheeks. Those deep cerulean eyes now the color of cobalt, a rich regal color swelling with pride and emotion. The iris flecked with lines turning inward almost in a spiral like some great whirlpool dragging you in to its deep warm depths.
My breath hitched as my thumb traced along his cheekbone ignoring the scratch as I felt my heart pound and my body twitch towards him, I guess he could to because the hands on my hips dug in to my skin sending sparks across my body.
"Princess..." his eyes were sharp his jaw clenched, this was my final warning. "You're not ready for this."
I swallowed before ice seemed to be dumped on my head, he's right I wasn't ready to even kiss him yet, what the hell had my mind and body just jumped too?
WAIT KISS HIM!?! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NO!!!
"I-"  I couldn't even summon up the words to speak as I stepped away from him back hitting the wall once again.
Luke closed his eyes concentrating on his breathing.
"You-you have no idea what you do." He didn't sound angry but I could tell he was beyond frustrated, his every muscle tense.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled "I don't-I dont know what-"
But my thoughts were jumbled by the realization that some part of me was even thinking about kissing him.
"Dont-" he growled "apologize. Just-" Luke sighed and the tension drained from his body as his cerulean eyes opened once again their normal color. "Relax."
I nodded but relaxing was something I couldn't do right now my brain was so clogged. I had wanted to Kiss Luke? I had been all over him! What was I doing?
"Also I'm giving you a phone." The sudden change in topic took me off guard.
"A phone? What about my old one?" I asked finally coming out of my own thoughts.
"I'll get you a nicer one. Besides the carrier you have doesn't work in the mountains." He grumbled turning to the mirror and fixing his hair. That was true enough I hardly ever had service with the carrier I had, even before we got here.
Luke slide some product onto his palms before pushing it through his locks.
"Why don't you wear cologne?" It was a rude question but it has just slipped out from my lips.
"Wolves usually don't mask their presence with colognes why do I smell?" Luke's eyebrows came together as he scowled at me in concern.
"N-no-" I couldn't tell him out right he smelled great and it was hard to concentrate when he was close because of it. If it had been cologne I could have pretended to hate it.
"I'll pick some up the next time I'm in-"
"No!" He raised an eyebrow at my outburst.
How many embarrassing things would I have to do today?
"You smell great. Perfect actually, that's why I asked..." I mumbled not looking at his face instead focusing on his bare chest which didn't help my complexion.
"You-you play dirty Aurora." The extra huskiness in his voice made my heart skip a beat.
"I-let's just get to work shall we?" My voice was squeaking now as I had glanced at his face and seen that same predatory heat there as before and it was not something I needed when I just realized my feelings weren't as clear cut as I'd thought.
"This way then." And like a duckling I followed his gesture and moved out of our bathroom to the bedroom door.
"Aren't you going to put on a shirt?" I demanded trying not to look at how his muscles flexed with every movement.
"I only wore a shirt around you because you insisted normally I go around in pants sweetheart." He chuckled opening the bedroom door. "Besides the others should see how well their Luna took care of me."
"Not a Luna yet!" I rebuked but Lukes eyes only twinkled at me as he held open the door.
"You're right not YET."
Oh boy what had I done? I should have run away and escaped rather than tried to find this idiot. What was I to do now?

Please comment or vote sorry for this filled chapter but I'll be busy the next couple weeks with finals and my presentation so I don't know if I'll be able to post before January. So consider this an early Christmas/Kwanza/Hanukkah/New Years And any other holiday I'm missing Present!