Chapter 9: The Beginning

NO ONES POV

Luke laid on the blanket a feeling of peace he was unfamiliar with sweeping over his body.
The only windows from which they could be seen were those of the third, fourth and fifth floor the third being a library he doubted very much his pack ever used except for research in times of trouble, the fourth floor windows and most rooms were barred from the eyes of his pack excluding his executive officers all of which already knew Aurora. Finally the fifth floor windows which were those of a meeting room that wouldn't be in use that day. From any other window this spot was invisible due to the flowers, rose vines, or just the angle.
And here Snoozing not so gently on his chest was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen. She was perfect, absolutely breath taking, even with the little bit of drool dripping from the corner of her mouth onto his shirt.
So strange, how mushy he felt right now. Nothing like the 'Demonic King' as was his nickname. How had she changed so much in him already?
The idea of carrying her back through the halls of the Castle to his room, filled him with a sense of pleasure. Keeping her right against him never breaking contact, oh how nice that thought was.
*AWOOOOOOOOOoOooOoOooo*
A not so far off howl instantly made the skin on his body taught.
"Nnnn..." Aurora stirred and fire instantly filled his veins, whoever had just interrupted them if they didn't have a good reason they were toast.
*AWWWWOOOOOO* Aurora sat bolt upright shock plain as day in her eyes, even as Luke rose. Blinking in the light of early twilight Aurora glanced around taking in her surroundings as Luke got to his feet putting himself between her and the forest eyes dark and sharp. An odd sense of power rolled off him deathly and fierce. A burning anger as he surveyed the tree edge.
"Lu-" but her voice was interrupted by him holding a hand out. His eyebrows came together as he listened to sounds beyond her hearing.
"Get to the house." his voice was deep rough and had none of the niceties she was a costumed too. The color drained from her face at his tone.
"Why-"
A crashing sound echoed out as three huge hulking shapes burst forth from the tree line.
Everything happened in three milliseconds.
Aurora screamed Luke roared and the wolves were on them before you could yell stop.
Luke slammed one down by the throats roaring at a second but Auroras shriek made him see red.
"WAIT WAIT!" Luckily or maybe not luckily the guy Luke was holding had shifted back into human form.
Aurora squeaked and slapped her hands over her eyes as the third wolf that had stopped just beside her shifted back as well.
"WHY ARE YOU ALL NAKED!?!" Luke would have found it adorable had it not been for the fact these were tresspassers and had just flashed his mate. It would have been funny had she had that reaction with him-but too late now.
Luke was about to snap the neck of the blonde before him before he saw a tattoo right beneath his thumb.
"You're from the Alpine pack?" demanded Luke his voice a growl even as the door to the castle burst open and both wolves and people sprinted out restraining the other wolf and naked man.
"Y-yes sir! Please we need to see Alpha-"
"You're looking at him." and suddenly the air changed Aurora found it hard to breathe the light seemed to leave the air Luke's muscles bulged his whole body seemed higher than normal his features sharper than ever before me his eyes a deep dark blue flecked black.
He didn't need to flash his teeth his very presence was terrifying enough.
"Aurora." Troy and Chris had appeared both flanking her eyes peeled as they stared around both shirtless and shoeless as though they'd barely had time to throw on shorts before running out here.
"Im so sorry Alpha please forgive me! We come bearing news! Our pack it's been attacked!"

Auroras POV
As the wolf yelled even as Luke put more pressure on his neck I heard shocked murmurs run through the few people around me. Even Chris and Troy tensed.
"Attacked?" Luke's voice didn't loose its hardness however the anger in his voice was receding. I swallowed as my hands trembled. Attack. What did this mean? But even I could see while trying to avoid looking at their private parts that they themselves were covered in wounds. The second wolf who had yet to return human again was covered in dirt making his coat look brown though from his tail one could see he was truly a sandy color. But even he had bite marks on his flank and ear.
"Yes you're maj-"
"Get them inside." Luke had cut off what he was planning on saying which made me confused. Majesty? is that really what he had meant to say?
"Troy Chris send groups to check the land." Luke turned around as the men were escorted inside. "I want correspondence from all packs. Meeting room with all advisors in thirty minutes no excuses. Go!" 
Everyone split up after doing a salute or nod before racing off.
Me? I could hardly think straight. So many wolves-I had-they-attack-
"Princess?" I jerked my head up to meet his gaze, he hardly looked like the sweet man who'd taken me on a date now, but at my no doubt scared expression his eyes softened.
"Come you'll stay by my side now. Mean side of being an alpha remember?"
He wasn't letting me have it easy either. But this is what I had signed up for. I had said to bring it on and now I couldn't back down even if he was giving me an out, an option to say no.
"Let's go." My voice didn't shake like my hands, it didn't squeak like a mouse, or stutter like my heart it was even calm collected. It also seemed to be the right choice.
"This way." Luke placed a hand in my back and before I knew it we were speeding through the halls until I was red cheeked and gasping for air as we entered the meeting room. Good lord and to think I'd done some sports in high school.
The three men were already there now all turned back to human shape but clothed and bandaged thank the lord, as were Chris Troy and Gregory Luke's fifth in command. Chrissy was present as well as a group of other people I'd seen Luke interact with before.
"Start talking." Commanded Luke as he stalked towards them leaving me by the door, Chrissy moved to me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder with a squeeze and guiding me over after Luke who looked bigger than a brick factory right now.

---------------------

Luke rubbed his eyes as only Troy Chris, Chrissy, Gregory or Greg as he preferred and two guys named Axel and Jace that were the same two who had come to the house with Luke.
"A pack of rogues." murmured Chrissy in shock.
"I've never heard of a rogue pack." agreed Greg. "Except in old stories."
"Stories are told for a reason." mumbled Chris. "Luke what if it's the same as my-"
"I want constant surveillance of Lupus and the surrounding areas. Groups of two or three only. Tell the other packs and pass along the order to report any rogues single or more. Eliminate or capture highest priority."
I laid my hand on Luke's shoulder making him jerk in surprise and everyone else move towards me in concern. Nobody it seemed dared go near him when he was this angry or upset.
However instead of a fit or change in form Luke body relaxed slightly.
Chrissy coughed tentatively shooting the others a look to tell them to relax. Although even I was relieved he didn't do more than take my hand in his large one holding onto it.
Axel was the first to take the hint.
"Someone should warn the Kings-"
"I'll go. I'll take Aurora with me." Luke proposed sending everyone into open mouthed shock, including myself.
"What?" spluttered Axel after a moment. "Wouldn't it make more sense for Troy or I too-"
"Their Auroras family. And an ex Beta It would do good to hear their thoughts." cut Luke standing up. "Troy, Chris and Jace will be in charge of security. Axel however will accompany myself and Aurora is that fine?"
No one it seemed had the words or guts to argue with the currently furious alpha.
"What if there are rogues?" I asked everyone seemed glad I'd pointed this out but even as Luke scowled at me I didn't faulter.
"You're the alpha shouldn't you remain here and ensure everything goes well?"
It seemed I should have kept my mouth shut though as Luke growled defeaningly loud.
"Running away-"
"No!" I put one hand on his bulging heaving chest as he bared his enlarged canines at me. "I will stay here as well." I didn't turn my eyes away from Luke's. I didn't know why I chose this moment to be rave, nor why I didn't jump at the chance to see my family.
"But..." Chrissy looked both worried and confused. "Ro, don't you want to see you're family?"
"Of course I do. But they will understand. I have to do what's most important right now and that is to remain here and do what I can to help."
The others looked shocked and it made me feel rather sheepish and upset that they'd think I would still be running away like a cowardly dog tail between my legs.
"You've changed." Luke didn't seem any less suspicious in fact he appeared to be more suspicious but the anger was lessening in his gaze as we stared each other down.
"Maybe, or maybe I'm just growing up." I shrugged. "Truthfully I'm terrified about all this. But that doesn't mean I don't want to know or help. I don't want anyone else to get hurt not you or anyone else in the pack." my voice was quiet as I gazed into those blue swirling lakes of emotion and power. "I want to help. Please."
Luke stared at me for a long moment before he turned away.
"For now we wait. I have calls I need to make. And dinner is going to be late."
For a moment I just stared at his back.
"Oh! OH! I'll make food and bring it up to you." and a sense of tension melted from my body and I could have collapsed of weak knees as grinning I sped from the room. Chrissy excused herself following after me.
"Are you insane!?" She demanded as I rushed down the steps avoiding other werewolves one who faltered and gaped at me as we did. "Ro you've wanted to see you're family for-"
"I know but it didn't feel right." I sighed already regretting my decision slightly. "I know I did the right thing, I don't know much-okay really anything about all this but an Alpha shouldn't be taken away in a time like this. You all need him I'm not that much of a selfish brat that I can't wait."
Chrissy looked like she was going to say something else as I walked into the private kitchen.
"Chrissy," I sighed turning to face her. "I promise I'm fine. Right now my priority is to help where I can and if staying here and doing little things like making food is helpful then that's what I'll do."
A different more gentle expression was on her face now.
"Okay but at least let me help then. I'm a horrible cook but at least I can help cut stuff up and clean for you."
"Deal." And this was how I made my first friend. Slaving over hot stoves and ovens as we worked to feed the monster our appetites of Luke and his chosen execs. Throwing the occasional sandwich at exhausted looking passersby.

Hi sorry I didn't post when I said midterms hit me hard man X.X Please comment I'd love to hear your thoughts :)